|Position Title||Finance Manager - Part-Time (0.8 FTE)|
|Short Description||The Finance Manager will take charge of the timeliness and accuracy of monthly reporting, providing advice and support to the executive and Board of Directors that goes beyond numbers. Focusing on enhancing systems and processes, efficiency and effectiveness gains will be quickly realised and will deliver an improved level of service and quality. This role will work closely with the CEO and other senior managers ensuring that Australian Canoeing has in place robust financial reporting systems.|
||More Jobs from this employer|
|Work Type||Part Time|
|Salary||Structured to attract high quality candidates|
|Location||Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, Australia|
Key responsibilities will include:
- Establish financial compliance structures and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to ensure best practice across all areas of the business.
- Report to management and Board of Directors on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances and assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Ensuring that the organisation meets all its governance requirements to key stakeholders such Australian Sports Commission and Australian Institute of Sport. Ensuring that all policies across the organisation are up to date and in line with ‘best practice’.
- Provide support to the CEO and the management team around the overall development and management of annual budgets, discipline event budgets, general events (such as the AGM, Awards Dinner and Strategic Forum) and special projects.
- Have day to day oversight of the all financial areas of the business, ensuring that any matters are handled in a timely and professional manner. This includes maintaining appropriate payroll, creditor, debtor, taxation and cash management systems.
- Oversight of bookkeeping and administration staff in the day to day entry of financial data.
- Providing support to State Member Associations in respect to financial reporting.
- Oversee the annual audit process including working with an External Auditor on the Year End Accounts.
- Maintenance of Australian Canoeing’s Asset Register, additions, disposals, adjustment of assets and processing of monthly depreciation schedules.
- Administrative support to Australian Canoeing Audit and Risk Committee.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- CPA or Chartered Accountant qualifications
- High level financial reporting experience
- Experience in developing and implementing financial governance structures
- Good working knowledge of the principles of compliance
- Experience within the Not-for-Profit sector
- Experience with MYOB cloud-based accounting software
||3 Apr 2017
|Phone (work)||+61 (02) 9763 0670|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
If you believe that you meet the requirements listed above, please send your covering letter (maximum 2 pages) addressing the above selection criteria and current resume to email@example.com.
Although the initial screening will assess applicants against the above criteria, the selection process will assess candidates against all the success profile.
Please refer to the position description for all the experience, knowledge and personal characteristics and attributes required to be successful in this role.
Applications close Monday 3rd April 2017.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.