|Position Title||Financial Accountant|
|Short Description||Reporting to the General Manager Corporate Services, you will provide financial services in an effective and timely manner, that satisfy all regulatory and customer service needs to relevant internal and external stakeholders.|
|Employer||Mt. Baw Baw Alpine Resort - GBS Recruitment|
||More Jobs from this employer|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Salary||From $75,000 pa|
Dependent upon experience and qualifications
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Mt Baw Baw, VIC, Australia|
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Fantastic working conditions and employee benefits
- Picturesque, sought after location
About the Company:
The Mt. Baw Baw Alpine Resort (MBBAR) is a winter and summer tourist destination within the Victorian Alpine region. MBBAR is Melbourne's closest downhill ski resort offering a fun, safe and affordable snow experience through winter and endless hours of outdoor adventure year round.
About the Role:
Reporting to the General Manager Corporate Services, you will provide financial services in an effective and timely manner, that satisfy all regulatory and customer service needs to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor adherence to the internal control system inherent to its accounting system.
- Lead with the preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheets and Debtors Reports on a company and divisional basis.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly Business Activity Statements, PAYG Instalments and Payroll Tax
- Review and prepare Creditor payments in accordance with the policies.
- Assist with the analytical review of month end results.
- Manage and maintain the IT Systems (Xero, RMS, Impos, Ordermate, SnowCORE).
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting or equivalent, with demonstrated experience in Financial Accounting.
- Qualified CPA/CA (or part qualified)
- Experience in the accounting department of an organisation or a firm of accountants with experience in Government Agencies and/or not for profit sector highly regarded.
- Proficiency using industry standard software with experience using Xero accounting software and POS software desirable.
- Experience in preparing for year-end audits ideal, but not essential.
- Provide or be willing to complete a Working With Children Check & Police Check.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
MBBAR is an incredibly dynamic and unique environment. Being a remote location and predominantly operating for the Tourism Industry means the team across the mountain are very close and possible incumbents need to have that team fit attitude.
- Once in a lifetime career opportunity
- On mountain accommodation included on top of a generous remuneration package
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Access to free ski school lessons, free season lift passes, discounted ski hire, free resort entry and staff F&B discounts
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Laptop and phone allowance
||27 Jan 2017
|Phone (work)||(03) 5174 2665|
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
All applications MUST be received via the GBS Recruitment website (www.gbsrecruitment.com.au), Job #2004811.
It is expected that along with a current resume, all applicants will submit detailed responses to the key selection criteria which is outlined in the Position Description.
Applications close Friday, 27 January 2017.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.