|Position Title||Competition Manager|
|Short Description||Basketball Queensland is seeking a Competition Manager. The person who fills this position will be self-motivated with a sound knowledge and understanding of competition management.|
||Find out more about this employer|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Chandler, Brisbane, QLD, Australia|
To manage Basketball Queensland competitions to ensure that they operate within budget and to the satisfaction of all participants.
The following list of duties/responsibilities is not exhaustive and provided as a guide. Other duties may be required from time to time:
- Coordinate the planning, organisation and implementation of basketball competitions.
- Assist in the development of communication suitable for website and social media.
- Manage any of the judiciaries that may from time to time be required.
- Assist in the develop budgets for all competitions.
- Produce competition draws and results tables.
- Conduct annual review of competitions and events format and execution.
- Provide events management advice and assistance to host Associations.
- Administer player clearances related to junior representative competitions.
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries as needed.
- Coordinate all competition results for posting on website and communication to Associations and members.
- Other duties as requested.
- Working with children check
- Proven skills and knowledge in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), use of internet and e-mail and ability to update websites.
- Hold a current drivers license
- Have your own motor vehicle
- Legally entitled to work in Australia
- At least three years experience in the delivery of sporting competitions at either and sporting association or a State/National Sporting Association
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- A sound understanding of the structure of basketball in Queensland
- Demonstrated skills in the use of SportsTD competition software solution
- Demonstrated knowledge in relation to the formulation of basketball competition draws.
||23 Jan 2017
Basketball Queensland is required to meet the demands of a sport which operates seven days per week, with the timing of certain activities being critical to its success. Basketball Queensland staff will, as the circumstances of the case determine, contribute their time and efforts outside normally recognised office hours where their personal attention, knowledge or expertise may benefit BQ, its objectives and achievements.
As a member of the Basketball Queensland staff, you will, on occasions, be required to travel in order to attend functions as a representative of Basketball Queensland. Your conduct and appearance should reflect the role of ambassador and your activities set an example to other employees.
It will be a condition that Basketball Queensland will be entitled to be fully informed of the results of all work done by you and to have full and exclusive benefits of its results. It will be a condition that you will not without authority, divulge to any other person any information in regard to the affairs of Basketball Queensland.
|Phone (work)||(07) 3377 9100|
||Click here to apply for position|
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.