The Diploma of Sport (Development) is great for those who love sport, but wish to act in a non-playing role. Such roles can be in the area of planning and development, administration, event organization, team management and so on.
With this course, the student will arm themselves with the skills and knowledge to perform these tasks with great confidence and competence.
Opportunities will be made available for hands on practice within major events and sport administrative bodies.
Our delivery mode includes the flexibility of online theory content, videos, online support and face-to-face practical training.
Students are able to book in a time with a tutor to assist with theory modules. When it is time for prac, students book in for a training or assessment session with one of our expert staff.
Already Working in the Industry ? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning
Unsure if you qualify for RPL, more info here
Students will complete the following core units, developing skills and knowledge, such as the ability to :
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- SISXFIN001 Develop and review budgets for activities or projects
- SISXIND008 Manage legal compliance in sport and recreation
- SISXMGT001 Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- BSBMKG521 Plan and implement sponsorship and event marketing
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SITXMGT003 Manage projects
- SISSSCO008 Apply anti-doping policies
- SISSSCO011 Manage integrity in sport
- SISXIND006 Conduct sport, fitness or recreation events
Training Package specifications
The Diploma of Sport Development reflects the role of individuals who apply the skills and knowledge to pursue a range of roles within the Australian sport industry.
They work or volunteer at community-based sport clubs and organisations in the Australian sport industry.
Individuals with this qualification are involved in the self-directed application of knowledge and skills, and the provision of leadership and support to colleagues. They work autonomously and coordinate and supervise others.
Possible job titles include:
- High performance coach
- Sport development manager
- Talent manager
- Sports Administrator
- Event Manager
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.