Graduates of the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport (Coaching) will possess the appropriate industry recognized qualification to work as a coach, trainer or team manager.
The coach is involved in the direction, instruction and training of the operations of a sports team or of individual sportspeople. A coach may also be a teacher.
Our delivery mode includes the flexibility of online theory content, videos, online support and face-to-face practical training.
Students are able to book in a time with a tutor to assist with theory modules. When it is time for prac, students have the option to book in for a training or assessment session with one of our expert staff.
Already Working in the Industry ? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning
Unsure if you qualify for RPL, more info here
Students will complete the following core units, developing skills and knowledge, such as the ability to :
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- SISSSCO003 Meet participant coaching needs
- SISSSCO004 Plan, conduct and review coaching programs
- SISSSCO007 Apply sport psychology principles
- SISSSCO008 Apply anti-doping policies
- SISSSCO011 Manage integrity in sport
- SISXCAI008 Plan, conduct and review training and recovery programs
- SISXCAI005 Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISSSCO010 Implement sport talent identification programs
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service