Candidates are required to have:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ accreditation.
- a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability.
- a current Working With Children Check (WWCC).
The course consists of theory and practical components:
- Theory component - topics may be offered through classroom attendance or selected topics via AUSTSWIM’s e-learning centre.
- Practical component - involves swimming activities that may be carried out in shallow or deep water.
The course consists of approximately 8 contact hours (theory and practical), plus practical observation, supervised industry training and assessment. Topics include:
- Why teach adults to swim
- Understanding the nature of the adult swimmer
- Health, medical and safety issues
- Warm up, flexibility and stretching for the adult swimmer
- The different types of adult swimmer
To gain the accreditation, the following assessment components must be satisfactorily completed within 12 months of the course commencement date.
- Practical demonstration of teaching skills, including the preparation of lesson plans.
- Online theory assessment.
Industry training including observation, supervised teaching and verification of teaching competency.
Show evidence of holding a current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) award.
Show evidence of holding a current and valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
Teacher Declaration (completed online with theory exam).
Submit photo for AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence™.
On successful completion of all course requirements candidates will receive the AUSTSWIM Teacher of Adults™ accreditation. This is valid for 3 years at which point the AUSTSWIM Teacher™ must renew their accreditation (click here for more information).
Enrolment Fee: $283
This fee covers:
- Course attendance and resources
- Insurance while completing the supervised industry training
- AUSTSWIM Licence once the accreditation is issued
- AUSTSWIM Teacher insurance
Please refer to our website for further information on AUSTSWIM Teacher Insurance: http://austswim.com.au/Teachers/Insurance.aspx
Course Dates & Locations: https://oramsocb.austswim.com.au/coursefinder/