Introduction to Child Safe Practice
This 3-hour program is designed for staff who work with children or young people who already have an understanding of child abuse and the indicators of abuse. It provides an overview of the national and relevant state child safe standards and principles depending on where the organisation is located. It aims to assist staff and volunteers to understand the legislative context and how the standards apply to their organisation, and to their day to day work with children and young people.
- Legislative and policy context
- Barriers and challenges to creating a child safe environment
- Sexual abuse – managing the risks (learnings from the Royal Commission)
- Building a child safe organisation
- Responding to incidents, disclosures or allegations
- Empowering children
- Learn the elements of child safe practice and culture
- Understand the dynamics of sexual offending and grooming
- Build confidence in responding to incidents, allegations or disclosures of child abuse
Who Should Attend?
Staff and volunteers who work with or have contact with children and/or young people, and already have some prior knowledge or training on the topic.
For more information or to find out how Child Wise can run any of our sessions in-house at your organisation, email our training team or call the office on 1300 244 539.