Candidate must be in Australia
Our high-profile centre, part of the Playford Council’s sports precinct, is home to the Playford International and boasts 16 courts, plus 6 dedicated Hot Shots courts. TennisGear offers a community of tennis-loving professionals, with an experienced team, a thriving online retail business and a passion for growth.
We are seeking the services of an enthusiastic tennis coach to work in our growing Playford Tennis Centre and school-based tennis coaching programs. We have a strong loyal team who are passionate about tennis, committed to self-improvement and customer service.
Full time hours of coaching and pro shop hours are guaranteed from day one.
This position offers the ability for a professional tennis coach to work in an enjoyable environment assisting with the development, delivery, management, and growth of our coaching programs. We are looking for someone wanting full-time employment and has skills in the areas of coaching and sports administration.
In this role at the Playford Tennis Centre, you will need to be able to provide excellence in customer service to our members and visitors, administratively manage your coaching and competition programs, coordinate retail and events activities and deliver quality group and private tennis lessons in accordance with TennisGear standards. You must be available to work in the afternoons 3.30 - 6.30pm.
Further information about our business can be found at tennisgear.com.au.
Ideally the candidate will be an energetic and qualified tennis coach. You will need to be proficient in coaching students of all ages and standards, and have excellent communication and organisation skills. The Playford Tennis Centre is focused on the continual improvement and growth of our coaching business and therefore you will need to have a strong interest in customer retention, marketing and development of new programs. This position is perfect for you if you want to expand your repertoire, taking on both scheduling classes while growing your own client base. And you want the stability of a thriving company behind you whilst maintaining your need for a work-life balance.
- To deliver fun, active and informative tennis lessons in accordance with the TG lesson plans and coaching standards.
- Deliver excellence in the administration of the coaching programs by actively promoting all Hot Shots, Squad, Adult groups and Private lessons to all of our customers.
- Lead school coaching program growth
- Display first-class customer standards, including a professional appearance, wearing the TG uniform and upkeep and usage of correct equipment at all times. This includes management of all communication through phone calls, email and discussions with parents, customers and players
- Responsible for the professional presentation, appearance and maintenance of the Tennis Centre. Responsible for daily cleaning, operations, sales and security.
- Further development and delivery of our coaching marketing plan.
- Strong focus on business growth and improvement, customer communication and feedback..
- Tennis Coaching Experience
- Working with Children Check Certificate
- Own transport
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organise, train and motivate others.
- Guaranteed coaching hours and students
- Coach sponsorship with major brand
- Flexible working hours
- Superannuation paid on top of wage
- Heavily discounted tennis equipment (balls, racquets, bags etc)
- Opportunities for ongoing training and development provided
- Coaching administration and Pro Shop work to supplement your coaching role
Salary is negotiable and dependent on qualifications and experience. Great chance for career progression and pathway for the right candidate.