Wenona is seeking outstanding and enthusiastic casual sport coaches and referees in select sports for the 2024 Summer Season and other all year round programs. The sporting program at Wenona is a vibrant and central part of school life, characterised by high levels of student engagement and participation that focuses on team spirit, fair play, courage, adventure and balanced, healthy lifestyles.
All coaching positions will require before and/or after school training commitments with the possibility to negotiate days. Coaching and referee positions require you to be available on Saturdays, normally a morning commitment. Pay and conditions are determined by experience, qualifications and level of professional representation as determined by the Principal in consultation with the Director of Sport and Performance K-12.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the School with a current Working with Children Certificate and required to undertake a coach induction process.
Senior School Competition
- Term 1 2024: AFL, Tennis, Touch Football, Water Polo
- Year round training: Swimming, Fitness, Athletics, Cross Country and Fencing
Junior School Competition
- Term 1: Football, Water Polo
- Year round training: Basic Skills
- Basketball, Football, Touch football and Water Polo
- An active interest in and commitment to the promotion of Girls’ sport
- Ability to role model effective behaviours while acknowledging professional boundaries
- Ability to communicate in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to develop and implement programs set by the Head of Sport and respective Sport Coordinator
- Reliable and committed to each season
- A commitment to professional development and to working in accordance with the Wenona Staff Code of Conduct
- A sense of humour
Wenona is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Applicants should submit a full curriculum vitae, cover letter stating your coaching experience and sport of choice, copies of current qualifications, Working with Children Certificate and the contact details of three professional references.
Please be advised that successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory compliance training in relation to Child Protection prior to their commencement.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview during the year as the seasons approach.