The Australian Taekwondo Board is seeking a commercially orientated and people focussed Chief Executive Officer to continue to develop and lead the strategic and operational activities of Australian Taekwondo (AT).
Australian Taekwondo is the National Sporting Organisation for Taekwondo in Australia. AT aims to create opportunity, foster participation and promote Taekwondo for everybody.
AT provides the strategic and operational framework to assist the Member States and Clubs in the provision of Taekwondo services, including high performance pathways, national and state level competitions, accreditation courses for coaches and officials, accreditation of black belts and a national insurance scheme.
About the role
As the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) you will provide overall leadership and guidance with members, clubs and stakeholders to continue to grow and progress the sport.
Working closely with the Board, you will have the opportunity to build and leverage the existing team of staff, whilst working with highly committed volunteer and stakeholder groups in refining and implementing the strategic vision for Taekwondo in Australia.
Your core duties will include but not be limited to:
- Growing Taekwondo’s brand and reputation in Australia to provide a rewarding experience for all participants, and successfully position Australian Taekwondo and our athletes on the world stage.
- Providing a collaborative, effective leadership and direction to Australian Taekwondo and its array of stakeholders. Doing so, will ensure the future development and promotion of the sport on both a national and international scale.
- Assuming overall responsibility for the management of the day-to-day operations of AT, including all the human and financial resources, while driving and developing the business consistent with the agreed strategic direction.
- Continuing to develop diverse revenue streams, reducing the reliance on Government revenues to underpin the delivery of AT programs, services and activities.
- Implementing strategies and programs to grow the participant base throughout Australia and provide pathways for athletes, coaches, officials and administrators of all ages, genders and cultures throughout Australia.
To be considered for this role you will need to be a dynamic leader, with the ability to connect, inspire and work collaboratively with a wide range of key stakeholders and staff. You will be a strategic thinker with the ability to shape forward planning to ensure delivery of high quality and meaningful services and programs.
- Strong, effective leadership skills with the ability to inspire others to achieve the identified strategic objectives of Australian Taekwondo.
- Proven experience in a leadership function with outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including experience in negotiating, conflict resolution, effective delegating, and the capacity to empower staff and volunteers.
- Background in sports administration, including growing participation in a sporting context and growing commercial revenue streams would be advantageous.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/ or relevant experience.
- The ability to obtain and provide evidence of a current Working with Children’s Check.
Ideally New South Wales or Victoria, however, open to remote.
Click the ‘apply’ button, review the position description (PD), address the two pre-screening questions found within the PD, attach a cover letter, and submit your CV.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 15th January 2024.
If you have any questions after reading the Job Description, please contact acting CEO Ben Exton via email email@example.com
Australian Taekwondo would love to hear from you, regardless of whether you meet all the above criteria, if you think you have what it takes, then submit your interest.