Netball Queensland is a unifying leader responsible for the growth, sustainability and success of netball across the state. Our vision is to become a world leading sports organisation respected for transforming lives through netball. We are responsible for the highly regarded Queensland Firebirds, the ever growing participation and delivery of netball in our Queensland communities and the management of our $45 million state of the art venue, Nissan Arena.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and energetic person to engage day to day with Netball Associations, Netball Clubs, players, coaches, umpires and the broader netball community including Affiliates and schools, to deliver on Netball Queensland’s strategic and operational priorities while fostering positive relationships in our community.
Community Development Officers are often the first Netball Queensland touch point for many in our netball community, therefore it is essential that they demonstrate our values and associated behaviours as they deliver programs to help participants to strengthen their connection with netball and develop a love of the game.
This role will support Netball Queensland’s vision to drive the following outcomes:
- Increase participation in netball at all levels across Queensland.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity within our netball competitions, programs, and community.
- Improve engagement with Netball Queensland Associations and Clubs
- Attract, develop, and retain community and volunteer coaches to support the delivery of netball.
- Attract, develop, and retain community umpires and officials to support the delivery of netball.
- Increase the number of registered members through engagement with schools, indoor venues, PCYC and YMCA locations.
- Constructive feedback through direct and indirect interface with participants, families and stakeholders.
Hours of Work
Our Community Development Officers must be willing and able to work when and where sport is happening and will regularly be required to work afternoons, evenings and weekends, and may be required to travel including overnight stays.
Your Experience and Skills
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in sports administration and/or understanding of volunteer sporting organisations
- Previous experience in the delivery of sport participation, community engagement and coaching is desirable
- Experience in the sport of Netball is preferred
- Demonstration of collaborative and leadership qualities including the ability to motivate others, teach, solve conflicts, balance competing priorities and maintain vital relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Understanding of the Not-for-Profit sector, particularly within a sporting context
- High level of computer and technology literacy with a focus for maximising opportunities through innovation and technology
- Ability to set priorities, plan work programs, meet deadlines and manage time effectively, or superior planning, scheduling and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills including face to face, telephone, written reports and general correspondence
In addition to the experience and skills detailed above, as one of our Community Development Officers you will require:
- Current Foundation Coaching Accreditation (or willingness to obtain before commencing employment)
- First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain before commencing employment)
- Current Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Current Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to obtain before commencing employment)
- Mobile Phone (mobile phone allowance provided)
Why work for Netball Queensland?
To achieve the vision of becoming a “world-class sports organisation respected for transforming lives through netball”, Netball Queensland must have the best and brightest team on the court. Your reward for stepping into this challenge will be:
- Culture: a high-performance culture where you will lead and be led, challenge and be challenge
- Growth: professional development and a strong commitment to support your career growth
- Flexibility: a culture that supports flexible work arrangements and work from home options
- Facilities: excellent facilities in our brand-new state of the art Nissan Arena
- Location: easily accessible location with onsite parking
- Wellness: access to an employee assistance program and a fully equipped high-performance gym available for use by staff
- Entertainment: tickets to events at Nissan Arena
And above all, the opportunity to directly impact the great game of netball and ensure its sustainability for generations to come!