ABOUT DELTA SPORTS:
At Delta Gymnastics we don't just teach cartwheels - we teach children!
Our goal is to help grow active, healthy and happy kids. With an unparalleled level of care for every child who enters our gymnastics classes, we cater for children of all ages and abilities – from toddlers and school kids to competitive and elite gymnasts. We strive to ensure each child is given the opportunity to feel good about themselves as they continue to learn through gymnastics. Every child at Delta is given the opportunity to shine.
With 7 premium venues across the state and an enthusiastic team passionate about teaching children & the sport of gymnastics, at Delta we are dedicated to helping kids grow up!
Throughout its history, Delta has won numerous industry awards for excellence in service, staff engagement, promotions and community involvement. More importantly, it has been a place where children of all ages can develop a love of gymnastics and movement and experience the Delta difference. We are proud to be known as a leader within the children’s activity industry not only in Australia but also in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE:- WOMEN'S ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS COMPETITIVE HEAD COACH POSITION
Use your knowledge, expertise and experience to lead a team of coaches and gymnasts in a competitive level 1-7 environment in a school and club setting.
The Head Coach will lead the Clayfield College, School Gymnastics Program in two 10 week seasons throughout the year, along with leading the Delta competitive program. Helping kids grow confidently through the Sport of Gymnastics is what we do at Delta. Our parents love our coaches who care; their personal communication and our programs that take kids further.
Delta Gymnastics has a proven competitive track record spanning two decades, we have been the Queensland Club Champions for 17 years in a row and won the National Club Championships 14 of the past 17 years. Our competitive results are a testament to our philosophy that every child is important and that a rising tide will lift all ships. We work hard together creating a team culture that inspires us to live our core values deltagym.com.au/core-values-at-delta-gymnastics.
As Head Coach of the Clayfield Competitive Program you will also be a Team Leader and be supported by the Club Manager and Delta’s Competitive Program Manager. You will be part of the venue leadership team and involved in the management of the club.
Deliver on Delta’s Brand Promise - We will have coaches who care, with greater personal communication and programs that take kids further
Help your team love what they do - Create a supportive environment that fosters positive engagement of your team
Build the team's capability & confidence - Support your coaching team through the use of matrix resources & tools to develop training plans with the outcome that each competitive gymnast will progress in a safe, nurturing environment. With the support of our competitive Program Manager you will ensure all coaches are using year plans and program outlines; that they understand the core technique and drills to ensure gymnasts are performing safe, quality movements and that the coaching team understand the judging rules and can apply them to their coaching of competitive routines.
Help your team feel inspired and successful - Set and achieve venue trimester goals relating to gymnast attendance; improvement in strength and flexibility and gymnast/parent happiness.
Ensure every member experiences the Delta Difference - Embody the Delta Core Values
ABOUT YOU: - Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- An alignment with the Delta Core Values
- WAG Advanced Silver or higher accreditation with a strong background in competitive gymnastics coaching and an eye for quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire and passion to help kids grow up in a nurturing environment with expectation and enthusiasm
- Proven coaching skills with children and adults & strong ‘one on one’ mentoring ability
- The ability to problem solve thinking outside the box
- A sound knowledge & experience using technology (email, google sheets, data base)
- The ability to stay calm and focussed through uncertain, complex, & ambiguous situations
BENEFITS OF JOINING TEAM DELTA
- Being surrounded by a group of like minded people who love what they do
- Feeling great about making a difference in a child’s life
- Inspiring people to be their best self
- An opportunity for growth and development within coaching and leadership
- All of our venues are fully set up with specialised equipment for each age group - no set up pack away required.
- Coach Registration, Blue Card and 1st Aid is paid for by Delta
- Weekly collaboration with other Club Managers
- Club Manager & Team Leader offsite planning & education Retreats
- Trimester Team Celebrations
- Relocation / Accommodation allowance for Interstate team members
- Opportunity to attend ALP/AGC competitions; State and National competitions; and join our tours, which are a highlight.
- Opportunities for coach development in attending or presenting at clinics; training days; strength and conditioning tests; and state squads.