Primary purpose of the role
The Pool Attendant is responsible for proactive supervision of all aquatic areas ensuring patron safety and first aid, emergency incident response procedures and efficient operation of the Aquatic Centre.
- Perform day to day operational requirements to ensure the Centre exhibits the highest standards of operations and pool safety.
- Monitor and manage the facilities and provide regular reports to the Pool Supervisors.
- Respond to incidents requiring first aid treatment and complete paperwork where necessary.
- Ensure a positive relationship in all customer interactions whilst maintaining a professional and friendly manner to maximise customer satisfaction and retention.
- Liaise with other work areas and venues to provide and seek information relative to daily operations of the Centre.
- Provide assistance to patrons with regard to access and directions for use of the Centre and scheduled bookings and events.
- Ensuring that regular and proper maintenance of assets and facilities is carried out and maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the Centre to required standards.
- Managing conflict situations where patron behaviour is contrary to the Centre’s conditions of use or entry requirements.
- Managing risk and safety of patrons, clients and tenants in a public venue.
See attached full role description.
Career progression opportunities exist for Casual Pool Attendants within the Aquatic Centre
We have two recruitment options available:
Option 1 - Qualified Staff - For candidates who hold a current Pool Lifeguard Licence
We are offering up to 20 people who currently hold a valid Royal Lifesaving NSW Pool Lifeguard Licence the opportunity to work as a Casual Pool Attendant at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.
Check eligibility for funded training here: drowningprevention.org.au/pathways/funded-training
Option 2: - Training Package - For candidates who do not currently hold a Pool lifeguard Licence*
We are offering up to 20 people the opportunity to become a qualified Pool Lifeguard and work at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre through our Lifeguard Training and Employment Program! We will provide you with two full days of training. Upon successful completion candidates will be issued a RLSSA Pool Lifeguard Licence and be placed in a pool of job-ready candidates available for offers of casual employment as a Pool Attendant at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre.
*T&C's apply for the Training Package program