Hockey NSW is the governing body for hockey in NSW and is a not-for-profit organisation responsible for the development, governance, promotion and delivery of hockey programs throughout NSW.
Hockey is a dynamic Olympic Sport that provides a strong Pathway for men and women from community level through to the Hockeyroos and Kookaburras. Hockey’s strong participation base reflects gender equity and inclusion.
Hockey is a unique family sport which can be played by men and women of all ages from young children to older people and is played in many forms from 11 a side and 5 a side field to indoor hockey for all age groups and abilities. Hockey NSW is the largest hockey playing state or territory in Australia.
The core purpose of the Manager Pathways is the delivery of the Talent Pathway to 2032 Strategy, working collaboratively with Community and Business Development as well as key external partners and stakeholders.
The Manager Pathways will work with the General Manager Pathways and Community to deliver the Talent Pathway to 2032 Strategy across NSW including:
- Aligning with Hockey Australia’s National Player Development Framework
- Positioning PRIDE Teams, culture and values as an integral part of Hockey NSW’s Talent pathway
- Broadening the base for talent identification and development programs
- Promoting holistic athlete development, wellbeing, inclusion and positive experiences, working towards zero tolerance for conduct breaches
- Increasing the pool, diversity, equity, independence and capability of Hockey NSW’s Talent Pathway coaches, selectors, officials and managers
- Targeting initiatives that optimise Hockey NSW’s Talent pathway through valued partnerships with HA, NSWIS, RASi, MAS and Sports High Schools
- Contribute to Hockey NSW culture and role model our values
CAPABILITIES, ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Extensive experience in a similar role OR proven experience in pathway player identification and holistic development
- Proven ability to develop and operationalise development/pathway program strategy and support delivery of broader organisational outcomes
- Outstanding leadership skills and in particular the ability to lead, ‘coach’ and support a team in achieving agreed objectives
- Proven partnership building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Persuasive negotiation skills with the ability to achieve agreement
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & oral
- Experience of leading teams, performance management, driving positive values and outcomes
- Demonstrated experience of implementing and reviewing strategy and then making improvements from key learning
- Capacity to drive innovation and plan for performance gains
- Evidence based, collaborative review and reporting
- Tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in Business Management, Sports Administration or similar
- Level 2 or 3 Coaching or Coach Developer Accreditation
- Current unrestricted driver’s license
Hockey NSW is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all employees and volunteers to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment. Employees and volunteers must at all times comply with the Hockey NSW Safe Hockey Framework, and with all relevant State child protection legislation and requirements, including obtaining and maintaining all required clearance certificates and declarations. All employees and volunteers are required to obtain and provide evidence of a current Working with Children’s Check with the appropriate employee or volunteer categorisation.
Employees are required to adhere to Hockey Australia’s National Integrity Framework including the Hockey Australia Code of Conduct.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence
- Police check
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate