- Full time, permanent position (includes working school holidays)
- Newley created role
- ASAP start date
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12 with a thriving Sport department. In this role you will get to work across the four key Sport pillars (Sport, Sports Academy, Aquatics and Strength & Conditioning).
About the Role
The Sport Administration Manager is a newly created role working closely with the Head of Sport - Strategy & Programs to manage the administrative and support functions of the Sport Department. The role will ensure a high level of administrative support is provided across the department and its four pillars (Sport, Sports Academy, Aquatics and Conditioning & Wellbeing) as and when needed.
This role is a vital player in redefining how the Sport department currently operates administratively with a key focus to review current administration processes and look for improvements.
The main areas of responsibility also include:
- managing the Sport Office Administration team, who support the wider team in providing day-to-day management of the Sport office administration
- providing general administrative support to the Head of Sport - Strategy & Programs and the wider team to ensure the day-to-day administration tasks are completed
- overseeing the administration processes associated with recruitment of sessional coaches, invoicing etc.
- reviewing and establishing administrative protocols in the Sport department and take the initiative to implement systems to streamline current processes
- developing administration performance frameworks that effectively monitor progress against defined outcomes and strategic objectives
- designing, developing and implementing administration strategies and projects with the Head of Sport - Strategy and Programs to deliver transformational and cultural change within the department
- managing the integrity of all Sport administration checklists, documents, forms, templates etc.
- and more…
To see a full position description, please go to our Careers Page: cgs.vic.edu.au/contact-1/career-opportunties
We are looking for someone who:
- has previous experience in a senior administration role - prior experience working in a Sports department, in Schools, or the Sporting industry will be considered an advantage
- has proven experience managing an administration team to effectively deliver a timely service to key stakeholders
- has extensive process improvement, administration workflow experience
- has an in-depth knowledge of best practice administration
- has previous proven experience in streamlining administration departments and tasks
- has relevant tertiary qualifications in Business Administration / Sports Administration
- is flexible and happy to jump in where needed - no task is too small for them
- has a commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to self-manage their workload and time-frames, as well as the ability to influence and follow-up with various stakeholders
- takes ownership, loves challenges, and is thrilled by seeing things through to completion while balancing the stakeholder expectations
- has a focused and authentic work ethic with a solid forward-thinking approach
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to being a ‘Child Safe’ school with an expectation that all staff commit to our Child Safe Policy and Staff Code of Conduct. Appropriate rigorous reference and background checking will be undertaken for this selection process, including a Working with Children Check and police record and identity check. We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. We are also committed to meeting the needs of all students, including those with a disability, indigenous students and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.