A bit about us..
SGAC is Sydney’s leading leisure venue! Our busy indoor Aquatic Centre is bathed in natural light, spacious and modern, creating an ideal environment for swimmers and team members alike. Currently, we attract 2,700 learn to swim students every week, over 4000 students annually through our schools program and 70,000 visitors a year!
Also located in our complex is a 4,000 sqm Olympic grade gymnastics facility, a sports medicine, rehabilitation centre and very popular café (perfect for that early morning coffee and warm buttery banana bread!)
A bit about the opportunity..
Primarily focusing on two deliverables; exceptional aquatic education programming and high standard of people leadership, the Aquatic Programs Manager will play an integral function in the continued growth of industry leadership and development of the aquatic programs within SGAC.
Key duties include:
- Strategically manage, create and lead the Aquatic Education Programs including , but not limited to, Learn to Swim, School Swimming Program, Holiday Programs, Special Needs Assistance Program (SNAP) and Special Events.
- Provide outstanding customer experience to our customers and effective leadership within the Aquatics department.
- Assist the Aquatics Manager in developing and implementing new aquatic programs that has the purpose of increasing customer participation and revenue growth.
- Lead a team of Aquatic Supervisors & Learn to Swim teachers to provide a high performing team and customer focused Aquatic Education experience.
So, who are we looking for?
Someone who is:
- Enthusiastic and passionate with contagious energy
- experienced in Aquatics programming
- conscientious about providing a safe and enjoyable environment for learners of all ages and abilities
- excited about supervising, training and leading a team of like minded individuals
- extremely knowledgeable about the aquatics industry, swimming and child development and technical training requirements
- well presented and enjoy engaging with the team and members of the public
In addition to all of the great stuff above, we also need to ensure you have:
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- Infant and Preschool Aquatics (or willingness to obtain)
- AUSTSWIM Approved Assessor
- Provide First Aid & CPR
- Working with Children’s Check
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (essential) and LINKS Modular Solutions (desirable)
We saved the best until last! Not only will you be working at Sydney's leading landmark destination for entertainment, fitness, lifestyle & accommodation in the Western Sydney region, we would also like to provide you with:
- A fun, friendly and passionate team!
- Flexible rosters to ensure you get time to relax and unwind
- Free Gym Membership to the largest fitness facilities in Western Sydney, ONE55!
- Complimentary Lunch or Dinner during your shift cooked by a dedicated team of chefs and cooks, served up in our very own staff lounge
- Ongoing discounts on accommodation, restaurants and sport & recreation programs
- Annual Celebration Dinner to recognise achievements and anniversaries
- Let us celebrate your special day with a complimentary Gelatissimo Gelato on your Birthday
- A 'sweet' Rewards & Recognition Program for all team members and GREAT staff offers!
- Unlimited career development and professional growth opportunities including training across other departments and roles at West HQ
- Uniforms and secure parking
Don't think twice - hit that apply button!
Check us out on our socials or through our website
Take a look at our Learn to Swim Program Criteria