- 2021/22 Isuzu A-League Men Champions
- 2022/23 inaugural Liberty A-League Women season
- Strong growth and performance-based Football Club
- Elite and flexible working environment
- Six weeks Annual Leave
Western United is a Football Club that represents the people from the west of Victoria – urban, regional and rural. Established in 2019, it’s built on ‘dreaming big’ and growing a community of people brought together through the power of sport.
In its short three-year history, United has evolved from having only an A-League Men’s team to a Club that will field an A-League Women’s team in the 2022/23 season, a developing Academy Program that will provide opportunity for many footballers in the West, a fantastic community program for kids in the United Football Program and both Frame Football and Powerchair teams.
As an organisation our values of Growth, Respect, Effort, Audacity & Togetherness underpin everything we do, both on the pitch and off it. We believe these values embody the spirit of, and reflect the aspirational, hard-working, and diverse nature of the people of the West of Victoria.
We’re on an ambitious journey together as we build our forever home in Tarneit, the Wyndham City Stadium Precinct. This precinct will create the first city built on sport in Australia, unite future generations and build sporting teams that everyone in the West will be proud of forever.
We have a fantastic full time role reporting to the GM of Football based at our Club’s Headquarters in Tullamarine. The role - Football Operations Manager, is responsible for Football Operations across the A-League Men’s program with support in the Women’s and NPL space. Core elements of the role will be focussed on the management of all training facilities & matchday logistics, FA/PFA/APL interface, Football Regulations and Compliance, Player contract administration, welfare and relocation.
Key elements of the role will include -
- Act as the Club interface with Football Australia & APL on all football department matters relating to player & club compliance and licensing matters.
- Ensure all FA/APL/PFA regulations and compliance requirements are fully complied with including player registration, contract management, administration, etc.
- Player Development – Through the support of the PFA, assist Players with their career development opportunities (ie TAFE, University), personal development (life skills, media awareness, nutrition), and welfare/mental health/emotional resilience (stress management, coping strategies)
- Provide leadership in supporting the respective team managers in managing all administrative and operational matters relating to the training venues, training schedules, venue management and maintenance and repairs and ensuring WUFC maintain a strong working relationship with training facility management and relevant council and venue operators.
- Manage and obtain relevant visas for players and their families as part of their relocation into Australia. Ensure all passports and visas are valid in accordance with both APL regulations and Australian immigration requirements.
- Support and assist interstate relocations of players and their families in transitioning into Melbourne.
- Work with other WUFC Departments to facilitate player appearances at corporate events, schools, clubs and other community activations as required by the club.
- Manage, coordinate and book all travel and logistics for the A-League Men’s team
You will be an energetic, driven individual who ideally has a minimum 5 years’ experience in the A-League managing a Football Operations Department. You will have outstanding organisational and administration skills and an understanding of internal and external stakeholder management. You will also be capable of working autonomously and competent in managing conflict situations and conflicting priorities.
Needless to say, you will have a hands-on can-do attitude, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and of course embrace and live the WUFC Values!
You will also possess the following key position requirements:
- A passion for what you do!
- Tertiary qualification in Sports Management or related field
- Demonstrated success in managing all FA/APL/PFA compliance requirements, regulations, player contracts, salary cap modelling
- Demonstrated ability to problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands and deadlines
- A caring and supportive nature, strong mentoring skills
- Proven ability in implementing player welfare and development initiatives
- A strong team player who is prepared to support all parts of the business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, complex and busy work environment
- Ability to multi-task and at times work under pressure
- Competent in the use of MS office suite - Word, Excel, Publisher & G suite of programs including Gmail, Google Drive & Google Calendar
- Qualification in Career Coaching and Mentoring
If this sounds like you and you can help us deliver a team that the West will be proud of we would love to hear from you! Please forward a cover letter (no longer than one-page) outlining why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team, as well as a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at wufc.com.au to learn more about us.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 30 June 2022.
Football is a sport for all Australians and WUFC is a workplace that reflects that. Your age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of our team. All applicants will be screened, and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs will only be contacted for an initial phone interview.
Employment with WUFC is subject to you having proof of eligibility to work in Australia. WUFC is committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business and therefore employment is further subject to additional background checks including providing a Working with Children and Criminal Record check.