The QRU is a sporting organisation who are the governing body responsible for the participation and growth of Rugby Union in Queensland, representing over 240 grassroots clubs. QRU is also the home of the Queensland Reds who play within the Super Rugby Pacific and Super W competitions. QRU is embarking on a new era of content in Queensland with the redevelopment of Ballymore Stadium, which will also be the home of the National Rugby Training Centre.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manger Commercial Operations, the Head of Membership and Ticketing is responsible for:
- Delivering a high-quality membership program with a focus on value and member satisfaction.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to grow membership and ticketing
- Develop and review annual value proposition for membership strategy
- Lead, Manage, and Develop a small, dedicated team to ensure KPI’s are met
- Collaborate across other departments, customers, and consumers, as required to ensure all requirements for membership, ticketing is satisfied.
- Manage and maintain an accurate database, keeping records of consumer conversations and sales, emails, and any other consumer interactions.
- Develop and deliver on reporting and data insights in membership and ticketing, as well as have understanding in converting this data into sales campaigns
- Ensure there is a strong, collaborative working relationship between other Super Rugby clubs based in Australia as well as Rugby Australia
- Managing relationships with key ticketing, membership, fulfillment, and venue suppliers
- Managing communications and relationships with our membership base via outbound and inbound calls, email, SMS and in person
- Providing regular reporting and insights on membership sales
- Contribute to membership and ticketing marketing campaigns
- Requirement to work on Super Rugby Reds game days and any stakeholder events
- Proven experience working in membership and ticketing programs in the Australian or overseas sporting landscape
- A proactive manner in communicating with members and ticket holders (you will need to be comfortable picking up the phone and/or talking to members.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Please note that applications close for this role on Monday, 27 June, 2022