- Be the face of Norths Basketball to Members and the Community
- Immediate start in a great entry level role based in Crows Nest
Northern Suburbs Basketball Association (Norths) is a not for profit sports association, located in the heart of Crows Nest. Norths is dedicated serving our 3,500 members and sharing the love of basketball within our community.
Focus of this role is to provide an exceptional safe Member experience for the thousands of members walking through our door every week and providing support for all our local competitions. You will need to be comfortable performing your own tasks and working collaboratively with like-minded team members.
What will my day look like?
- Ensuring exceptional standard of member service
- Setting up facilities for sports booked on court
- Greeting members as they enter Norths
- Responding to member enquiries, both face to face and over the phone
- Accurately performing administrative tasks (e.g. court bookings, member registrations, updating member database and handling case and payment transactions)
- Ensuring familiarity with Norths Bylaws, Competitions and events
If successful, you will be required to work a 10 hour, 4 days on 4 days off rotating roster. We have some flexibility re the times of day, so you can discuss early or late shifts with your manager, but you will need to be able to work weekends when rostered.
We shut down over major holidays like Christmas/New Year, Easter, Queens Birthday and Labour Day so you won’t miss big occasions with friends or family.
What you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as you work with a diverse member and community base
- You may come from a sports administration background, be a hospitality professional wanting a change or driven by Customer Service.
- A love of sport (it doesn’t have to be basketball but it helps!)
- Exposure to managing a busy front desk including handling money so attention to detail and ability to multi task is essential
- Ability to use technology to improve processes and efficiency
- A first aid certificate (or the commitment to get one) and Working with Children’s Check (Employee) for NSW
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
Working at Norths brings great satisfaction so it’s yours for the taking. So, will you? Come and play at Norths.