- 2021/22 Isuzu A-League Men Champions
- 2022/23 inaugural Liberty A-League Women season
- Strong growth and performance-based Football Club
- Elite and flexible working environment
- Six weeks Annual Leave
Western United is a Football Club that represents the people from the west of Victoria – urban, regional and rural. Established in 2019, it’s built on ‘dreaming big’ and growing a community of people brought together through the power of sport.
In its short three-year history, United has evolved from having only an A-League Men’s team to a Club that will field an A-League Women’s team in the 2022/23 season, a developing Academy Program that will provide opportunity for many footballers in the West, a fantastic community program for kids in the United Football Program and both Frame Football and Powerchair teams.
As an organisation our values of Growth, Respect, Effort, Audacity & Togetherness underpin everything we do, both on the pitch and off it. We believe these values embody the spirit of, and reflect the aspirational, hard-working, and diverse nature of the people of the West of Victoria.
We’re on an ambitious journey together as we build our forever home in Tarneit, the Wyndham City Stadium Precinct. This precinct will create the first city built on sport in Australia, unite future generations and build sporting teams that everyone in the West will be proud of forever.
We have a fantastic full time role reporting to the Head of Consumer Business based at our Club’s Head Office, currently based at Tullamarine. The role - Merchandise Manager, is responsible to effectively manage all WUFC merchandise requirements across the A-League: Men and Women & NPL, including team apparel, retail, staff and Volunteers. This includes range designs, ordering, distribution and retail sales.
Key elements of the role will include -
- Responsible for all merchandise sales enquires, retail, wholesale, staff, and internal transfer fulfillments
- Manage all game day and club merchandise activations, bump in and out, and stock collation and set up/pack down
- Responsible for managing the online retail order fulfilment and set up with our fulfilment provider e-store logistics
- Responsible for all retail stock management, including quarterly stock takes
- Responsible for annual range design and manufacturing of all retail product on offer
- Responsible for all team apparel orders (collated from football department – A-League: Men & Women, NPL, Volunteer and Staff uniform) for all of club orders, delivery and management of apparel budgets
- Management and key contact with all associated apparel and club merchandise providers
- Negotiate with suppliers for product and pricing with assistance from Head of Consumer
- Develop and implement in conjunction with Marketing visual merchandise standards, policies, and procedures of all assigned outlets, match days, events, promotions, online stores, and social media platforms
- Respond to requests and resolve customer service issues
- Manage all financial reporting to be communicated to accounts, game days sales and monthly internal transfer reports
- Responsible for casual & volunteer merchandise staff team (rostering, payment, training and staff management when rostered on)
- Full control of clubs online site: Includes - uploading all styles, managing stock, all online order fulfilment, despatch, processing new orders, setting up of discount codes, setting up auction sites, and solely managing presentation of the site by uploading new banners, headers and pics)
- Responsible for all promotional sale drives, including the game day promotions, and driving revenue
You will be an energetic, driven leader with previous merchandise management and retail sales experience in the sports industry. You will have great personal interaction and relationship building skills given the front facing interaction with partners, sponsors, corporates, members and fans. Clearly you will have outstanding organisational and administration skills and an understanding of internal and external stakeholder management. You will also be capable of working autonomously and competent in managing conflict situations and conflicting priorities.
Needless to say, you will have a hands-on can-do attitude, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and of course embrace and live the WUFC Values!
You will also possess the following key position requirements:
- A passion for what you do!
- Strong results orientation
- Commercial & financial acumen including budget planning, negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands and deadlines
- A strong team player who is prepared to support all parts of the business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, complex and busy work environment
- Ability to multi-task and at times work under pressure
- Competent in the use of MS office suite – Word, Excel, Publisher & G suite of programs including Gmail, Google Drive & Google Calendar
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Sports Management or related field
- A love of Football!!