- 2021/22 Isuzu A-League Men Champions
- 2022/23 inaugural Liberty A-League Women season
- Strong growth and performance-based Football Club
- Elite and flexible working environment
- Six weeks Annual Leave
Western United is a Football Club that represents the people from the west of Victoria – urban, regional and rural. Established in 2019, it’s built on ‘dreaming big’ and growing a community of people brought together through the power of sport.
In its short three-year history, United has evolved from having only an A-League Men’s team to a Club that will field an A-League Women’s team in the 2022/23 season, a developing Academy Program that will provide opportunity for many footballers in the West, a fantastic community program for kids in the United Football Program and both Frame Football and Powerchair teams.
As an organisation our values of Growth, Respect, Effort, Audacity & Togetherness underpin everything we do, both on the pitch and off it. We believe these values embody the spirit of, and reflect the aspirational, hard-working, and diverse nature of the people of the West of Victoria.
We’re on an ambitious journey together as we build our forever home in Tarneit, the Wyndham City Stadium Precinct. This precinct will create the first city built on sport in Australia, unite future generations and build sporting teams that everyone in the West will be proud of forever.
We have a fantastic full time role reporting to the Head of Consumer Business based at our Club’s Head Office, currently based at Tullamarine. The role – Membership & Ticketing Manager, is responsible for leading and continuously improving all operational functions of the Membership & Ticketing Department. Critical components of this role include, driving first class operations, customer service, design of membership packages and developing strategies intended to increase sales growth and connection with Western United members and supporters.
Key elements of the role will include -
- Manage rollout of the Club membership strategy including development and implementation of strategic plans for annual acquisition, retention and member loyalty
- Deliver all aspects of the clubs membership marketing
- Provide outstanding customer service to members daily through e.g. phone calls, emails, social media including forums, on match and fan days
- Payment plan data maintenance, debt recovery, compliance and growth initiatives
- Annual season product build and renewal data set up
- Manage home games on match days to ensure membership and ticketing operations run smoothly. This includes bump in and out of the marquees, signage, and collateral
- Manage Membership third party supplier relationships including, but not limited to fulfilment mailhouse and product providers.
- Manage relationship with Supporter groups, including the “Active” Fan base
- Manage CRM updates, data entry & maintenance along with sales data entry and payment processing
- Management of the ticketing program and ticketing partner relationship and contractual agreement with Ticketek
- Manage the implementation and delivery of ticketing operations plans, processes and policies for Western United home matches
- Manage event build processes including seat configurations, allocations and hold management
- Organise the releasing of seats for sale to all Western United home matches to ensure efficient and effective sale of tickets
- Lead with the development and delivery of daily ticket sales strategies and crowd build initiatives
- Manage box office staffing and Ticketek requirements for Western United home matches
- Assist with match day operations i.e. seller support, provide box office window supplies and floats, conduct pre-event briefings, first point of call for box office assistance, post event financial reconciliation
You will be an energetic, driven leader with 3-5 years experience in a membership/ticketing based management role in the sports industry. You will have great personal interaction and relationship building skills given the front facing interaction with partners, sponsors, corporates, members and fans. Clearly you will have outstanding organisational and administration skills and an understanding of internal and external stakeholder management. You will also be capable of working autonomously and competent in managing conflict situations and conflicting priorities.
Needless to say, you will have a hands-on can-do attitude, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and of course embrace and live the WUFC Values!
You will also possess the following key position requirements:
- A passion for what you do!
- Experience in the management of customer service processes including customer relationship management front and backend processes
- Experience in managing teams, in particular sales teams
- Management of the customer ticketing experience & software applications
- Strong results orientation
- Demonstrated ability to problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands and deadlines
- A strong team player who is prepared to support all parts of the business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, complex and busy work environment
- Excellent systems & IT skills including CRM Database and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Sports Management or related field
- A love of Football!!