- 2021/22 Isuzu A-League Men Champions
- 2022/23 inaugural Liberty A-League Women season
- Strong growth and performance-based Football Club
- Elite and flexible working environment
- Six weeks Annual Leave
Western United is a Football Club that represents the people from the west of Victoria - urban, regional and rural. Established in 2019, it’s built on ‘dreaming big’ and growing a community of people brought together through the power of sport.
In its short three-year history, United has evolved from having only an A-League Men’s team to a Club that will field an A-League Women’s team in the 2022/23 season, a developing Academy Program that will provide opportunity for many footballers in the West, a fantastic community program for kids in the United Football Program and both Frame Football and Powerchair teams.
As an organisation our values of Growth, Respect, Effort, Audacity & Togetherness underpin everything we do, both on the pitch and off it. We believe these values embody the spirit of, and reflect the aspirational, hard-working, and diverse nature of the people of the West of Victoria.
We’re on an ambitious journey together as we build our forever home in Tarneit, the Wyndham City Stadium Precinct. This precinct will create the first city built on sport in Australia, unite future generations and build sporting teams that everyone in the West will be proud of forever.
We have a fantastic full time role reporting to the GM Commercial based at our Club’s Head Office, currently based at Tullamarine. The role – Commercial Sales Executive, is responsible to grow the Club’s commercial revenue targets and ensure service standards are professionally and consistently delivered across all customer segments.
Key elements of the role will include -
- Grow commercial sales revenue with a short and mid-term focus
- Retain key commercial partners through the active management of strategic plans for each account to meet each stakeholders ROI
- Ensure an outstanding level of servicing and account management is delivered
- Develop and actively manage a prospecting plan (pipeline) to ensure the attainment of new commercial relationships
- Drive the development of new revenue streams and product offerings across commercial partnerships
- Undertake formal reviews on a scheduled basis with commercial partners to ensure their key business objectives are met
- Provide coaching to team members as required
- Provide sales reports on a monthly basis
- Be an active member of the Commercial Leadership Team and contribute to the overall Commercial strategic plan
- Working collaboratively with other departments to identify value add benefits to commercial partners
- Building outstanding relationships both internally and externally with all identified stakeholders
You will be an energetic, driven leader with previous commercial sales experience in the sports industry. You will have great personal interaction and relationship building skills given the front facing interaction with partners, sponsors, corporates, members and fans. Clearly you will have outstanding organisational and administration skills and an understanding of internal and external stakeholder management. You will also be capable of working autonomously and competent in managing conflict situations and conflicting priorities.
Needless to say, you will have a hands-on can-do attitude, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, and of course embrace and live the WUFC Values!
You will also possess the following key position requirements:
- A passion for what you do!
- Strong results orientation
- Commercial & financial acumen including budget planning, negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure and balance conflicting demands and deadlines
- A strong team player who is prepared to support all parts of the business
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, complex and busy work environment
- Ability to multi-task and at times work under pressure
- Competent in the use of MS office suite - Word, Excel, Publisher & G suite of programs including Gmail, Google Drive & Google Calendar
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Sports Management or related field
- A love of Football!!