Want to joint our team to help Queensland athletes and “Inspire Extraordinary Sporting Success”?
We’re on the runway to Paris 2024, Los Angeles 2028 and then onto an incredible opportunity that will be a home games here at Brisbane, with the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Our fantastic team are looking for a an experienced leader to engage with stakeholders and business to deliver public and private partnering arrangements to strengthen world class performance of athletes and coaches.
At the Queensland Academy of Sport we support 450+ pre-elite and elite athletes from talented juniors through to Olympic, Paralympic and World Championships medallists to win on the world stage.
We support both in-house squad programmes, partnership Programmes with National Sporting Organisations and/or scholarships for individuals who are on medal winning trajectories for international success.
We have a new and bold 2032 High Performance Strategy to propel us forward to enable more medal winning moments by Queensland Athletes, to ultimately inspire the State and the Nation ahead amongst the backdrop of a home Games in Brisbane 2032.
If you have a deep desire to contribute to something transformational, of State and National significance, and are committed to continuous improvement, it's an exciting time to our organisation on an important mission.
Reporting to the Director Performance Partnerships this role role will explore and deliver mutually beneficial relationships with national high performance programs, potential sponsors, the private sector, corporate, tertiary and philanthropic avenues which have the potential to deliver the QAS Vision, Mission and Values.
For this Performance Partnerships Team role, we're looking for:
- An understanding of high-performance program requirements, including the ability to interpret and understand the needs of elite coaches and athletes, current and future, who seek to be internationally competitive.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal communication skills and emotional intelligence, with a demonstrable ability to engage stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Experience working within high performance sporting organisations or within organisations that support the High-Performance Industry in delivering cutting edge performance solutions by fostering enterprising partnerships to benefit athletes, coaches and sports.
- Proven high-level ability to interpret complex data, demonstrate conceptual thinking and make ethically informed decisions to implement and manage partnership arrangements and solutions.
- Demonstrated skills and experience to plan, develop, implement and report on B2B partnerships and engagement strategies that deliver mutually beneficial outcomes.