A rare opportunity exists for an experienced Events professional to join the dynamic team at VenuesLive - operator of two of Australia’s busiest venues, Accor Stadium (Stadium Australia) and CommBank Stadium.
Be a part of something great!
VenuesLive hosts live sporting and entertainment events including the NRL Grand Final, State of Origin, Bledisloe Cup, concerts, music festivals and other national and international events.
The successful applicant will have proven experience in a senior leadership position with a strong background in event and venue management and leading teams through the delivery of major events. The ability to build relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders is of high importance in this role.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Oversee the management and deliverables of the Events program.
- Manage the event planning process across the business ensuring that all commercial and operational objectives are considered and met.
- Represent the company whilst managing the event partner/hirer relationship to ensure their requirements are accommodated.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships including internal departments, ticketing providers, event hirers, contractors etc.
- Manage and improve the event planning process including the use of Ungerboeck (UBS), venue site inspections, emergency management, contractor management, and pre and post event meetings.
- On event days act as the Event Control Room Manager, controlling the communication and coordination functions of the control room, including in an emergency.
As a minimum, the successful applicants must have the following skills and qualifications:
- 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role with leadership and management responsibilities essential.
- Tertiary qualification in Event Management or similar would be desirable.
- Strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must hold their Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate.
- Strong IT skills and competency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using event management programs (Ungerboeck highly regarded).
In addition to the above criteria, attention to detail, a customer focus, high levels of energy, willingness to work flexible hours in line with the requirements of Accor Stadium and CommBank Stadium’s event schedule (which includes evening and weekend work) and a positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn, is what is required to successfully undertake this position.