- Be involved in making game day footballs
- Rare opportunity to join Sherrin manufacturing team
- Work for an Iconic Australian Brand - Sherrin
Russell Corporation is a market leading supplier of sporting goods and apparel, servicing the B2B, retail and B2C sectors in Australia and NZ, and is the home of iconic brands Sherrin, Spalding and Russell Athletic.
An exciting, and rare, opportunity has arisen within in our Sherrin manufacturing department for an enthusiastic individual with experience working in a fast-paced team environment. Sherrin continues to make footballs by hand in much the same manner as they started over 140 years ago; and working within a small industrial setting, you will be part of the very team producing quality Sherrins while meeting daily production targets.
About the role…..
Working as part of the esteemed Sherrin production team to make premium leather balls to supply the AFL, various football leagues and corporations as well as key retail partners, your key tasks and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Assembly of football components following a time-honoured process which can include the cutting of leather hides as well as stamping or printing on leather panels
- The operation of industrial sewing machine to stitch leather footballs
- Repair and maintenance of much loved footballs
- Quality assurance of personal work
- To be absolutely passionate about AFL football!!!!
Whilst on the job training will be provided to the right candidate, this role is suited to someone with previous experience in leather based manufacturing or canvas stitching.
Previous experience in operating an industrial sewing machine will also be highly regarded.
- Great team environment
- Great pay & conditions
- Opportunity to attend sporting events - AFLW/AFL, WNBL/NBL
- Staff functions throughout the year
- Great discounts on Sherrin, Spalding and Russell Athletic products
Russell Corporation is a company that supports Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on age, sex, parental status, disability, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics considered to be irrelevant for the role.
See how the game balls are made