At Melbourne Girls Grammar, we believe that an exceptional education for life provides not only academic skills and attributes, but also emotional and physical wellbeing. Our sustained focus is therefore on making girls’ wellbeing central to the school experience.
Our world-class Artemis Centre - named after the mythical goddess who represents strength and good health - boasts modern facilities including a 25m swimming pool, multi-purpose court, Fitness Hub with gym equipment, dance and yoga studio, outdoor seating amphitheatre, Learning Commons and café with indoor/outdoor meeting spaces. Artemis enables us to provide programs including Artemis Gymnastics, Artemis Aquatics as well as Artemis Holiday Clinics and other resources that underpin our proactive approach to student wellbeing.
Visit the Artemis Centre website to read more about our state-of-the-art facilities.
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a warm, passionate and proactive Customer Service Officer to join the Artemis team. Working alongside two other Officers, this position is responsible for the daily administration and effective operations across the extent of our vibrant programs and facilities. This person is fundamental to building strong relationships with visitors, creating an inviting space and providing accurate and quality sports administration support to our Heads of Programs.
The Customer Service Officer is the face of our front of house and Centre operations as such we are looking for a candidate who is solutions-focussed and who thrives off interacting warmly with customers and stakeholders.
Afternoon Customer Service Officer Position
This person will support the team Monday to Friday during the busy afterschool period (afternoons) and facilitate a smooth transition of customer service into the early evening to close the Centre. The role requires a combination of supervision, co-ordination, administration and decision making to ensure that an efficient service is provided to all internal and external users and the Centre is a safe place for all.
Upon commencement, working hours will be 23.25hrs per week:
Mondays - Thursdays: 3.15pm - 8.15pm
Fridays: 3.15pm - 6.30pm
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily operations: setting up zones for bookings, monitoring activity zones, closing the facilities.
- Front of house presentation and office management;
- Working closely with the Artemis Operations Manager and other Customer Service Officers on daily administrative duties, scheduling, aspects of facility maintenance and new staff/user inductions;
- Maintaining strong relationships with MGGS stakeholders, including students, staff, parents, Old Grammarians and external user groups;
- Supporting the design, creation and distribution of exciting, well written content including emails, blogs and newsletters;
- Maintaining a strong and positive culture that supports customer service, efficient operations and effective activity zone units;
- Managing internal and external facility and program bookings and schedules (Innosoft, Fusion).
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in similar roles, such as in sporting centre customer service or administration, youth programs co-ordination or sports related communications;
- A solutions focus, flexibility and willingness to work collaboratively in teams;
- Excellent organisation, time-management and administrative skills;
- A strong safety and risk mindset, with the ability to work both reactively and proactively;
- Demonstrable competency using software systems, particularly point of sale (POS);
- Well-developed communication and inter-personal skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Positive, energetic, adaptable, and professional approach to work;
- Current HLTAID009 (001) Provide CPR and HLTAID011 (003) Provide First Aid qualifications; and
- Current Victorian Employee Working with Childrens Check (WWCC).
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions