Are you passionate about growing participation in community level sport?
We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Netball ACT (NACT) is looking for an enthusiastic individual to help develop netball throughout the ACT community as we continue to grow our presence in 2022 and beyond.
This role will be responsible for implementing the recently finalized Participation Strategy for 2022-2024 with support from the netball community.
With over 8,000 registered members, this role will require extensive communication between various stakeholders who play a vital role in promoting netball throughout the ACT. The successful candidate will work alongside District Associations, ACT's Net Set Go Centres, ACT schools and the greater ACT community to increase the presence of, and engagement with, netball.
The position will also work alongside Netball ACT's CEO to identify commercial and partnership opportunities to assist with the growth of netball in the community.
- Oversee the implementation of the Netball ACT Participation Strategy
- Oversee the implementation of the Netball Australia Participation Framework
- Achieve year on year increases in participation numbers in line with targets set by NACT
- Oversee the development, implementation and delivery of inclusion (LGBTQ+, Indigenous, Men and Boys and CALD) programs in line with strategic priorities
- Identify commercial and partnership opportunities
- Build strong relationships with Netball ACT District Associations
- Foster collaborative partnerships with Netball Australia to benefit the netball ecosystem
- Contribute to building a high performing growth culture across NACT
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to inspire, empower, influence and enable others
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience
- A desire to learn and be innovative
- High level interpersonal skills to effectively develop and maintain partnerships, networks and client relationships
- Ability to motivate, support and supervise Netball ACT Development Officers
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the sport and recreation sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the development and delivery of physical programs for community sport
- Demonstrated experience with different approaches to meet various stakeholder demands
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the development and delivery of physical activities
- Experience in building partnerships with teachers, schools and community members