- Opportunity to utilise your leadership capability
- Potential for growth and development through training and role diversity
- Full time position - permanent - Highett, Melbourne
- Excellent employee benefits
- Competitive Salary on offer - Band 4 starting at $66,763 pa plus Superannuation
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
Working within the Kingston Active team, Waves Leisure Centre offers Learn to Swim and Aquatic Education programs for up to 2300 students per term as well as many local schools. The successful person in this role would work within a team comprising 3 Aquatic Supervisors, sharing the roles and responsibilities in this position of leadership.
About the role
We are seeking an Aquatic Education Supervisor- Leadership role professional to join the Kingston Active team. Reporting to Aquatics Coordinator, your role is to:
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of Aquatic education and water safety programs for the community
- Prepare staff rostering to meet program needs and demands
- Recruitment, training, development and mentorship of new aquatic learn to swim staff
- Provide excellent customer service with a customer first approach to learn to swim families and students
- Provide Supervision to the casual learn to swim team of staff
- Oversee the process of bookings and enrolments
- Assist in the promotion of aquatic services and programs to the community
- This role would suit someone already in a leadership/supervisor role looking to further develop their leadership skills within a large team across multiple programs
We are looking for someone with
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in the planning, organisation and delivery of aquatic education programs
- Experience in leading a team, including the recruitment, training and ongoing development of staff
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of the Leisure Industry and relevant issues within the community that may impact on programs and services
- Proven experience in the delivery of strong customer service to members and guests, as well as other staff in order to provide efficient service to the community
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Experience in a similar role with high levels of programming, safety and promotional awareness is required
What we can offer
This is a full-time permanent position with an immediate start
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance.
The salary for this position starts at $66,723 (Band 4) per annum plus superannuation.
City of Kingston Council have aligned ourselves with the Chief Health Officer’s COVID – 19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions (No 5) and subsequent COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions (No. 7) and as such require vaccinations for all workers.