Gymnastics Queensland (GQ) are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Education Coordinator who is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of quality coach education courses and workshops to service technical membership needs throughout the state.
The position is full time (38 hours per week) and will work closely with coaches and clubs to coordinate and deliver education courses across eight gymsports including beginner, intermediate and advanced accreditations.
The position will be based at Gymnastics Queensland head office in the Sleeman Sports Complex, Chandler.
Why join Gymnastics Queensland?
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who love making gymnastics in Queensland the foundation of movement for life.
With a new and exciting strategic direction for Gymnastics Queensland launched and a renewed focus on making GQ a great place to work, there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
Who are we looking for?
You have a passion for educating coaches and developing the knowledge and skills of coaches across eight gymsports. As a highly motivated individual you have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and enjoy coordination and process driven tasks. You also have the ability to meet deadlines and are at your best in a busy environment. You possess experience and knowledge of accreditation systems in gymnastics, or another sport, and have strengths in providing high level customer service.
Some of your standout behaviours are:
- A collaborative and customer focused approach
- A can-do, solution focussed approach to supporting and developing gymnastics technical members and clubs
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in the way you carry out your work
- A process driven mindset
- Hard working with the ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to contribute to developing a high performing culture with GQ
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide and maintain strong customer focus and a high-performing culture
- Ensure the provision of high-quality coach education courses and workshops, with the aim to drive quality movement experiences across Queensland and the number of clubs and coaches able to provide these.
- Coordinate education initiatives aimed at building the capability and capacity of technical members such as education week
- Maintain strong and supportive relationships with Gymnastics Australia, clubs, technical members, presenters and other key stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in sport or business and/or relevant experience in a related area
- Coach or official’s accreditation in Gymnastics or other sport
Location & Hours
The Gymnastics Queensland office is located at the Sleeman Sports Complex, Cnr Tilley & Old Cleveland Roads Chandler, Brisbane, QLD. The expectation is that this role will be based at the GQ office. The nature of the position will require some weekend work as well as domestic travel from time to time to attend scheduled workshops or courses.
Our team works flexibly, and we would encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with the Senior Manager of Development.
- Current drivers licence and vehicle
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a Blue Card
- Current First Aid and CPR or willingness to attain
Dependent upon skill level and experience. At the time of applying applicants are encouraged to outline their remuneration expectations.
Commitment to Child Safety
Gymnastics Queensland is committed to protecting children from harm. We require all applicants that will work with children to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.