Football Australia is the national governing body for football in Australia, situated on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. We acknowledge the histories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building a brighter future together.
Football Australia took transformative steps in 2020 and released its ‘XI Principles - for the future of Australian football’, which advances eleven principles that underpin a bold and innovate 15-year vision and new strategic agenda for Australian football.
At the centre of the XI Principles is the recognition of the strength and diversity of the Australian football family. We are a melting pot of two million participants represented by over 200 different cultures. No other sport within the Australian sporting landscape offers the type of inherent diversity which football does. This diversity in culture, ideas, and experience makes us strong and prepares us to take advantage of the opportunities embodied in the XI Principles.
Reporting to the Performance Director, this Sydney-based role will maximise the physical performance of all female national team players to deliver on field excellence resulting in a sustainable winning culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, design and implement physical preparation programs based on individual performance plan needs with an understanding to the technical, tactical and physical demands of the sport
- Design appropriate, individualised and sport specific programs, to improve, strength and power, speed, agility and movement skills, and football specific endurance capacity for all National Team players
- Collect and distribute relevant monitoring information and incorporate recommendations into individual program design to aid injury prevention
- Undertake physical testing of athletes, providing insights and reports on athlete progress to National Team coaches and high-performance staff
- Assist and advise National Team coaches on the planning of training load to develop physical attributes of players
- Plan, manage and monitor team workloads as well as the individual’s response to training utilising GPS data and other information where available
- Provide National Team coaches and high-performance staff with analysis and interpretation of data to inform decision making in training
- Attend regular meetings with National Team coaches and support staff to discuss the progress of individuals with relation to performance, injury and athlete return to play
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and innovative practices to provide state of the art information on training, programming and recovery procedures to enhance the individual’s performance
- Liaise closely with National Team coaching staff and be responsible for providing timely and relevant information to them
- Plan and prepare for local and international team camps and liaise closely with medical and physiotherapy staff to ensure a comprehensive program is in place
- Liaise consistently and effectively with all high performance and medical staff at players’ clubs (National and International)
- Adhere to Football Australia policies, in particular the Anti-Doping and Supplement Policy
Experience and skills required:
- Qualified with a Sport/Exercise Science Degree
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working with female athletes (desirable not essential)
- Proven ability to develop young players to international level of playing
- Capacity to act as a responsible, committed, engaged ambassador for the National Teams unit, Football Australia and football in Australia
- A high level of communication skills including written and verbal and an ability to build rapport quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively within a high-performance team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to establish a good rapport with students, staff and parents
- Strong organisational and personal management skills including the ability to work under pressure
- Working rights within Australia
To apply, please send through your CV and Cover Letter in one PDF file to email@example.com by 12th December 2021.