The Yarra Junior Football League is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Junior Development Program Coordinator to assist with the operation of our Yarra Magpies Academy Representative Program in 2022.
The position will require evening work on training nights from March to June at our grounds in Bulleen (three evenings a week), plus some weekend work (trials and game days).
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Attending and supporting all Training Sessions, Trial Days & Games
- Ensure all equipment is available for Coaches prior to training sessions
- Organise and Issue player and coaching staff apparel
- Co-ordinate the ‘Draft Combine’ testing days
- Organise playing squads with Head Coaches and ensure appropriate permits are lodged by AFL Competition Management platform and team lists submitted for publication in the program Record.
- Coordination of volunteers for match day roles.
- Assist with communication of training and match day details to parents, players and coaches
The successful candidate must also possess the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good organisational skills
Reporting to the Commercial & Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be organised and have an ability to work both independently and within a team environment. It will likely suit someone who is flexible as to their availability, wants to work in a development program with good younger players (male & female) and understands a football environment.
Previous coordinator experience and knowledge of a football training development program is desirable but not essential. A current Working with Children Check (WWCC), Police Check and Australian Driver’s Licence will be required.
The role will consist of approximately 15 hours a week, for a total of 180 hours across a 12 week period between March and June. Remuneration will be discussed with the successful candidate.