- Are you an experienced leader & strong team player, passionate about providing sports & recreation opportunities to remote communities?
- Join a well-respected not-for-profit organisation promoting healthier lifestyles & equal access to community activities.
- Attractive remuneration package $81,000 pa plus super & salary sacrificing!
- Additional benefits include Relocation Assistance, annual flights, travel opportunities & subsidised housing!
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave + Additional Leave over Christmas & New Year
- Annual Wellbeing Allowance & Annual Airfare
- COMMENCING IN FEBRUARY 2022
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Garnduwa is currently looking for a full-time Area Manager to join their team in the Central Kimberley, WA, responsible for Garnduwa programs in the town of Fitzroy Crossing & the Fitzroy Valley region.
BASED IN FITZROY CROSSING
You will be leading the staff and day to day operations of the Fitzroy Crossing office, managing and developing Garnduwa’s core programs within the Central Kimberley region, which include the:
- Central Kimberley Active Community Program
- Fitzroy Valley Youth Hub Coordination Program
- Central Kimberley Sport, Art & Culture Program
- Youth At Risk & Diversion Programs
You key responsibilities will include:
- Advocating for, and progressing the development of community sporting clubs (AFL) within identified remote communities;
- Participating in groups and projects relating to suicide prevention in the Kimberley, implementing and advocating for strategies that promote the meaningful engagement of youth;
- Managing staff recruitment, induction, wages, hours and contractors in-line with organisational budget and contractual requirements;
- Identifying trends and contributing operations information/recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans;
- Reviewing and approving all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment; and
- Collating activity statistics, reviewing and continuously improving data collection, and drafting Performance Reports and Project Acquittals for key activities.
Please note: This role will involve regular travel to remote Aboriginal communities, including use of dirt roads, small aircraft or 4WD vehicles.
The successful candidate will need demonstrated experience in the management of community development projects, with a background in sport, recreation, art or culture programs. It is essential that you can work effectively and collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Experience living/working in remote communities would be beneficial but not essential, provided you are patient, resilient, and highly adaptable, comfortable handling the variety of challenges that can occur in this environment.
You'll bring a creative and innovative approach to both new and existing programs, thinking ‘outside the box’ when developing systems and processes to effectively manage, monitor and deliver outcomes. Your strong communication skills and diplomatic nature will be crucial, as will the ability to lead by example, not afraid to jump into any task at hand and help out wherever needed
Please note: It is a requirement that all Garnduwa employees undergo a National Police Clearance Check and Working with Children permit prior to commencement. A current 'C' Class Manual Driver's License is also required.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Stepping into this pivotal management role will see you directly influencing Garnduwa’s ultimate goal of achieving long-lasting improvements in the opportunities for and participation of Aboriginal people in purposeful recreational and sporting activities.
In recognition of your commitment and hard work, you will be offered an attractive remuneration package of $81,000 pa plus super and salary sacrificing!
In addition, you'll benefit from a range of benefits including:
- Relocation assistance up to $3,000;
- Subsidised housing, negotiable;
- Personal flight subsidy up to $1500 annually;
- Additional annual leave over the Christmas/holiday period;
- Annual wellbeing allowance; and
- Travel Opportunities - experience all that the Kimberley Region of Western Australia has to offer!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-renowned, respected and long-standing organisation, and develop your experience in the area of Indigenous health and wellbeing. You'll be joining a supportive team and will gain access to full training and handover, ensuring you're able to hit the ground running!
ABOUT FITZROY CROSSING
Approximately 2,000km north of Perth, Fitzroy Crossing is a true outback town, with a population of just under 1,500 people. Set on the banks of the Fitzroy River, one of the largest rivers in the world, it's home to stunning natural parks and a unique 350 million year old Devonian Reef, making it a popular stop for tourists exploring the world-famous Kimberley region.
Though an undeniably small town, it has all of the shops and amenities needed to enjoy a vibrant country lifestyle, away from the bustle of city life. The area is a paradise for animals and plant life, offering fantastic opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, as well as a huge range of adventure and cultural experiences.
Are you ready to make a real difference in your career? Join an influential organisation working towards improving outcomes for Australia’s Aboriginal communities - Apply Now!
Garnduwa reserves the right to appoint a suitable applicant to the position prior to the closing date of 10/12/2021
Garnduwa is a Smoke Free Workplace