Townsville City Netball Association is seeking an experienced forward-thinking Operations Manager with an interest in Netball to manage the business operations and contribute to the growth and success of the association. This position is a full-time role beginning as soon as possible with the understanding that the successful candidate will need to be flexible with hours of employment with particular reference to the netball season. Weekend and night work will be required.
About the Organisation
Townsville City Netball was established in 1981 and moved to its current home which included six bitumen court at Murray Sporting Complex in 1988. Over the past 20 years the Association has worked hard to develop the facilities that now include four grass courts, 22 hard courts, lighting for all hard courts, extensive shade and seating, canteen, clubhouse, administration room, amenities block, barbecue area, car park, and a perimeter fence. The Association also hosts a range of regional and state carnivals and championships and incorporates a huge number of participants across our weekend competition.
About the Role
The objective of the Operations Manager is to deliver and oversee the operational effectiveness of TCNAI through the implementation of systems and processes within the prescribed operational framework. This multifaceted position is focused on delivering quality outcomes for affiliated clubs, their members, and stakeholders including relevant sporting bodies, state and local government agencies, the general public, external parties, sponsors, media and corporate partners, and trades and services. The role will see the successful applicant being directly involved in the core development of netballers from primary school through to the elite athlete competing at the highest level. The applicant will be the direct conduit to the performance, development and coaching arms of TCNAI and have the ability to help change and shape our future athletes, coached and umpires.
A salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on your experience and skills.
The Board of Directors
Friday 29th October 2021 if the position is not filled prior to.
- Undergraduate or superior academic qualifications in business and or sport and leisure management or proven evidence of at least three years equivalent work experience. Relevant tertiary qualification desirable.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to fill a management role in a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organisation, including a strong understanding of good governance, planning processes, financial management, administrative tasks and the ability to work with a Board.
- Strong effective leadership skills with the ability to inspire others to drive towards the achievement of the association's objectives.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders from large corporates to all levels of government, community groups, member clubs, sporting bodies and individuals.
- Genuine interest in netball or sport in general, with a desire to lead growth and further development of the association's brand and the delivery of the association's strategic goals.
- Superior presentation, interpersonal and people management skills including the ability to manage conflict and negotiate positive outcomes in instances of conflicting perspectives.
It is essential that the candidate
- Completes a national police check
- Hold a working with children authorisation
- Holds a drivers licence