At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work with fun colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About Baw Baw Shire Swimming Pools
There are 5 Seasonal Aquatic Facilities in the YMCA Baw Baw Contract, these are located in:
- Drouin Outdoor Pool - The facility features a 50 metre solar heated lap pool, and a toddler's pool. There’s also a kiosk, BBQ area, children’s playground and shaded seating areas for families.
- Neerim South Outdoor Pool - The facility features a 25 metre, solar heated outdoor pool with toddler's pool. Picnic facilities are available.
- Rawson Indoor Pool - The Rawson Indoor pool is a heated 20-metre facility with spacious green picnic facilities. The Rawson pool is not subject to minimum temperatures to open given it is an indoor facility.
- Trafalgar Outdoor Pool - The facility features a 25 metre pool (in a T shape), with a toddler pool and picnic facilities.
- Thorpdale Outdoor Pool - The facility features a 20 metre pool. The pool also has a toddlers’ pool with picnic facilities.
About the role
You will be developing and delivering lesson plans that promote swimming skill building in school aged children, combining stroke development with water safety and enhancing the overall confidence and ability of your students.
- Structure and design lessons with appropriate activities that challenge and develop your students swimming and water safety ability
- Recommend students for level progression as appropriate
- Teach and model effective problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills
You will be passionate about inspiring and developing water safety and swimming skills in children and young people. Experience in other teaching or coaching roles is a bonus but not necessary. Personal attributes such as patience, respect, and enthusiasm will take you far as a Swim Teacher!
In this role you will unlock the power of all children to be inspired by swimming, creating lifelong opportunities.
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm to teach children to swim
- Provide excellent customer service to parents and students alike
- Be motivated and committed to perform to a high standard
- Be friendly, polite and approachable at all times
- Display interest, enthusiasm, patience and respect to children and peers
- First Aid and CPR certificates (or willingness to obtain before commencing)
- Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety qualification (or willingness to obtain before commencing)
Other Desired Qualifications
- Teacher of Infants and Preschool Aquatics
- Teacher Developing Competitive Strokes or equivalent
- Teacher of Aquatics - Access and Inclusion
- Teacher of Adults
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness