Here at City of Gold Coast, our commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving the City Vision and our many city priorities.
- We aim high - we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value - we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team - our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility - we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About Lifeguard Services
Located within the Health and Regulatory Services Branch, Lifeguard Services employs Australia's largest professional lifeguard service. Our lifeguards are innovative and progressive and provide a world-class service 365 days per year.
Lifeguard Services is responsible for:
- 27 beaches - patrolled year-round
- 40 beaches - patrolled during peak season and school holidays
- 40 specially designed surveillance towers
- 180+ lifeguards – workforce of permanent, part-time and casual lifeguards
- 30 4WD vehicles
- 10 jet skis
- 19 ATV bikes.
About the Position
We seek a highly motivated senior leader to join the Health and Regulatory Services Branch and lead Lifeguard Services for the City.
The Executive Coordinator Lifeguard Services performs essential business planning and support functions for City Lifeguard Services, ensuring quality management of corporate systems and processes, including budget management, risk management, regulatory oversight, and compliance.
The Executive Coordinator Lifeguard Services is responsible for the pro-active leadership of a large workforce, strategic direction, project/change management and continuous improvement of all Lifeguard operations and activities, including:
- Lead and influence strategic workforce planning and management to ensure all Lifeguard Operations are adequately resourced to respond to growing requirements.
- Lead, influence and monitor operational business planning to align with the Health and Regulatory Services vision and objectives, to focus energies in the areas of continuous improvement, innovation, change management, employee development, and best value outcomes.
- Foster a culture of safety, productivity and staff satisfaction through high-level leadership.
- Ensure the budget and asset life cycle is proactively managed.
- Ensure the Lifeguard Service risk profile is managed, and risks are regularly reviewed, and controls implemented to ensure the lowest possible levels of residual risk are maintained.
- Assist in developing, updating, and executing strategic asset management plans for vehicles, plant and infrastructure by maintaining accurate data, including monitoring and reviewing operations and maintenance management systems.
- Provide professional advice, consult with business partners, and actively develop networks across the organisation and externally to improve and enhance relationship management.
- You will hold a tertiary degree in Business or other relevant qualifications.
- You are passionate about improving Lifeguard operations, people, planning and associated systems and processes.
- You will have significant leadership experience gained within a large organisation, including developing and motivating staff, providing expert advice, monitoring outcomes and establishing procedures.
- You will have demonstrated high level interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills, including an ability to articulate complex issues in simple language to various audiences.
- You will have outstanding analytical, problem solving and decision-making ability with the capacity to research, develop and implement practical responses to emergent issues and opportunities.
- You will have the ability to prioritise problems, gather and analyse information to evaluate new strategies, techniques, and policies, and engage the right people to reach improved outcomes.
- You will have a strong political nous and experience at a senior level working with stakeholders in a government context.
- You will have commercial acumen and demonstrated asset management experience.
- You will have exceptional organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
If this is the role for you, please provide a 1-2 page cover letter addressing the 'about you' section above, including a current resume and responses to the position screening questions.
Please note this is an Executive Contract position and is a member of the Health and Regulatory Services Branch Senior Leadership Team.
What can the City of Gold Coast offer you?
Working for the City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding. You will enjoy:
- working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance and flexible working arrangements
- a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded
- opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- a competitive remuneration and options to salary sacrifice.
See what other benefits the City can offer you here: goldcoast.qld.gov.au/Council-region/Careers-with-Council