- Multiple casual vacancies available on seasonal basis
- Botany location
- Flexible hours, generous hourly rates and great team environment
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
The City Life Directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, children, aged leisure and cultural services.
About The Roles
We are looking for a number of energetic and proactive individuals to fill multiple positions at our Botany Aquatic Centre;
- Swim School Instructors
Reporting to either the Aquatic Supervisor or Swim School Coordinator, successful candidates will be heavily involved in the day to day running and supervision of the Aquatic Centre and its activities. As the face of Bayside Council in the community, successful candidates will support a culture of quality customer service.
To be a successful candidate, you will have experience in pool safety or swimming lessons and have a proven ability to recognise and respond effectively in emergency situations.
If you are a confident effective communicator with the ability to build trust and working relationships easily then we would like to hear from you.
Please indicate which position you are applying for, as the essential requirements vary dependant on which position you intend to apply for;
We are looking for someone who has;
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW Working With Children Check
- Valid right to work in Australia
Swim School Instructor
- Current Australian Resuscitation Certificate
- AUSTSWIM Certificate
- Current Pool Lifeguard Licence
- Relevant experience required
Our Benefits and Culture
As an organisation, we pride ourselves in offering a flexible working environment centred on delivering great outcomes for our customers, whether internal or external. Bayside Council has a strong culture of collaboration and delivering exciting new initiatives for our community.
- Swim School Instructors - $29.60 per hour, plus 25% casual loading and 10% superannuation
- Lifeguards - $25.38 per hour, plus 25% casual loading and 10% superannuation
Please not that the commencment date wll be determined at a later time dependent on the NSW Public Health Orders.