Part-time positions available at Southport and Pimpama Aquatic Centres
Casual positions available at Palm Beach Aquatic Centre
There’s nothing Gold Coasters love more than getting outdoors and maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle and at City of Gold Coast we take pride in providing the community with essential health and well-being products and services at our aquatic centres.
Our aquatic facilities offer something for everyone: learn to swim programs; swimming school programs and carnivals; squad swimming; diving program and pool; fitness centre and active and healthy aqua classes; there's also function rooms for hire.
We’re seeking energetic and enthusiastic Learn to Swim Instructors to join our team providing swimming lessons to students across our Gold Coast community.
Our Swim Schools host a variety of local schools for lessons, alongside running our regular Learn to Swim and Squad classes. We have part-time positions available at Gold Coast and Pimpama Aquatic Centres with casual positions available at Palm Beach Aquatic Centre until its closure in April 2022.
You will bring to the role a genuine passion for the successful progression of students within the learn to swim program, ensuring our students are instructed at the highest level. Your experience as a teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics will be highly regarded.
You share our commitment to our corporate values:
- We aim high – You have a flair for working with children and their guardians, and your energy and enthusiasm is contagious.
- We add value – You take pride in thinking outside the box to design and deliver aquatic programs to ensure students and guardians gain maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
- We take responsibility – Your passionate about water safety and committed to facilitating a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience for everyone.
- We work as a team – You understand everyone in the team has a role to play to ensure we deliver exceptional experiences for our members.
- A friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded.
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression.
- Working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance and flexible working arrangements.
- Up to 12% employer superannuation contribution and options to salary sacrifice.
The Selection Process
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake a face to face “speed dating” panel interview and practical skills testing in the pool. You will also be required to undertake police checks, employment history checks, qualification checks, a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.