It's an exciting time for tennis in Australia and we have ambitious plans to continue to grow the game from grassroots through to high performance. We are transforming how we deliver tennis, with the aim of making it more accessible, to more people, more often. To help us achieve our plan we are looking for a Tennis Development Officer to join our team at Tennis Tasmania on a part time (0.8FTE), fixed term (12 month) basis and contribute to the growth of tennis across Southern Tasmania.
About the role
Reporting into the Regional Tennis Manager - Southern Tasmania, in this role you will:
- Support the regional plan for tennis which includes all stakeholders who will inspire, connect and retain tennis players/consumers - particular focus on the customers of clubs, coaches, schools, competition deliverers and councils.
- Develop positive relationships with all customers to influence, adopt and drive ongoing development and change.
- Support clubs to create marketing materials and utilise digital platforms to better connect and engage with existing and potential consumers
- Implement a clear competitive play pathway for adults that aligns with Regional, State and National plans, working and engaging closely with key stakeholders including, clubs, coaches, schools, officials and competitive play deliverers.
- Foster a positive culture that embraces competitive play, while instilling a welcoming, safe and inclusive first experience and ongoing experience for all involved.
What you will bring to the role:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to evoke the cooperation of stakeholders across a wide range of organisations including volunteers, coaches, clubs, associations, schools and Local Government Agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and drive behaviour of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- Understanding of the tennis environment and the various stakeholders it engages.
- Demonstrated understanding of sports administration, ideally gleaned through volunteer experience in club or association level community sport.
- High computer literacy with Microsoft suite and database management and confidence in adopting diverse digital platforms.
- A current drivers licence and First Aid Certificate.
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
What's in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Flexible working practices & a range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
If you think you're up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you! A copy of the position description can be found on our website. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close on Sunday 26th September at 11pm however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.
Tennis is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role