ABOUT SYDNEY SPORTS MANAGEMENT GROUP
Sydney Sports Management Group (SSMG) is an established privately-owned, Australian specialist facilities management company. With over 30 years of experience owning and managing a variety of leisure and sporting centres, the first, being Tennis World Lane Cove. Today SSMG is Sydney's largest tennis management group, and has now expanded into health and fitness, golf, aquatics, padel and multi and corporate sport and cafe operations.
ABOUT SSMG'S MARKETING TEAM
To lead the growth of its facilities and programs, we are on the lookout for an enthusiastic and self-driven marketing manager. It is the perfect time to join the management team, with plenty of autonomy to manage the marketing function and align with SSMG's strategic growth plans.
The marketing manager will work with some of the leisure and recreation industry's best talent and gain exposure across the whole of business. Additionally, mentorship will be provided to help guide you as you work towards building a strong marketing team and function.
The marketing team currently consists of one digital marketing coordinator with room for expanding the team as we continue to grow.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ideally, we are on the lookout for someone who is autonomous, career and self-driven to take ownership of the marketing department and help lead the organisation into its next phase of growth.
Owning all facets of a contemporary marketing department, including digital and traditional marketing, communications, public relations and brand, you will be the go-to for SSMG's marketing and communications strategies and activities.
If you've had 3-5 years of experience and are ready to step up into marketing management then this may be the perfect role for you. There are plenty of opportunities for career and team growth into the future.
You do not need experience in the leisure and recreation industry. However, you do need to have a strong desire to learn and deeply understand the industry and SSMG's various business units.
For the successful candidate, support and mentorship will be provided to help you build the marketing function and succeed in your new role.
- Lead the marketing department's planning, activities and reporting
- Manage SSMG's websites, social media, marketing collateral and more
- Run results driven marketing campaigns across multiple sporting programs
- Lead SSMG's public relations and communications
- Design and influence the customer experience
- Provide support and advise to the CEO and Group Operations Manager
Skills, interests and experience
- Degree qualified with 3-5 years marketing experience
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- An interest or passion in health, sport and recreation
- Strong experience and skills in digital marketing
- Working With Children Check and National Police Check*
*If you do not have these checks, SSMG will support you in obtaining each check.
SSMG's team culture is built on the foundations of supporting fitter, healthier and safer communities, and this includes our very own teams and people.
Our people are driven to lead SSMG's growth and understand the success comes from a strong focus on teamwork and collaboration.
SSMG's Senior Management Team are some of the industry's best talent motivated by developing their people and taking SSMG to the next level. You will be supported to succeed in your role.
- Collaborative team culture
- Free and discounted access to our recreation facilities
- Training and development opportunities
- Empowering leadership team
- Grow your career within a growing business