- Recreation and Open Space Department!
- Permanent Full Time
- Band 8 ($115,346 to $128,469) plus 10% super plus monthly Accrued Day Off
- Footscray, Melbourne.
Maribyrnong City Council is undergoing significant change with population growth, redevelopment, and a transitioning economy leading to an influx of new residents, businesses and opportunities. Maribyrnong is becoming a sought after residential area and a destination for foodies.
Council's vision is for an inclusive, flourishing, progressive city that cares for both its residents and environment. To support this vision, the Recreation and Open Space departments' purpose is to provide inclusive and sustainable open spaces and facilities for people to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
The key objectives of the Recreation and Open Space department are to:
- Increase opportunities for organised physical activity
- Increase opportunities for informal recreation
- Increase our open space provision
- Increase our urban forest
- Be more efficient in our water management practices
- Increase opportunities for our community to safely connect and participate
Due to an internal realignment of services, Council has an exciting newly created position for a Coordinator Facilities and Participation to join the Recreation and Open Space team!
Reporting to the Manager Recreation and Open Space you will lead and develop an energetic and enthusiastic team of recreational professionals to manage and facilitate the use of a variety of sport, recreation and open space facilities within the City of Maribyrnong, enabling the community to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
Additionally, you will also be critical to the planning, development and delivery of facilities, services and programs to increase participation in recreation and sport within our community. You will be expected to be abreast of sport, open space and recreational trends, emerging issues and ensure a best practice approach is taken to managing community facilities and open space.
This role would be ideal for someone with extensive stakeholder and engagement skills at a grass roots level, experience in contract and facility management, an ability to establish and foster healthy partnerships, and a strong understanding of administering community health and wellbeing programs.
- Effectively oversee the facilitation and management of the City's 151 discreet open spaces.
- Effectively manage access for 55 sporting clubs across a range of outdoor facilities, as well as contract management of two indoor leisure centres.
- Lead and manage a team to facilitate use of recreation and open space, which enables the community to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
- Increase participation in leisure, sport and active recreation by maximising use of the City of Maribyrnong extensive range of recreation and open space assets.
- Effectively participate in the planning, development and delivery of facilities, services and programs which support the community to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
- Support the development, delivery and reporting of projects, services and programs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders through a range of engagement processes.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Open Space, Sport and Recreation Management or other related discipline.
- Strong professional leader demonstrating positive work behaviours with a genuine commitment to the organisation's values.
- Substantial experience in sport and recreation facility management including the management of leases, licences and agreements for the operation of facilities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in applying recreation, open space and health promotion principles, in the Maribyrnong community to deliver positive health outcomes.
Why Choose Maribyrnong?
- Work cross functionally in a friendly, supportive and professional multidisciplinary team;
- Enjoy a flexible work environment, yes you can work from home;
- Work in a meaningful role within a Values driven organisation;
- Relish a vibrant foodie hub at your doorstep;
- Take an Accrued Day Off every month.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference and you enjoy working in a diverse community focused environment, Apply Now!
To download a copy of the position description please click here.