The Illawarra District Rugby League (IDRL) administers and coordinates Rugby League in the Illawarra and runs the Steelers licensed club. Our competition is one of the oldest Rugby League competitions in Australia and started in 1911. The Illawarra has produced some of the best players in the history of the game in Australia and has been a significant contributor of talent to NRL teams.
About the Role
The Manager Operations - Football is a newly created role which will be focussed on preserving tradition, growing participation in Rugby League and providing an enjoyable, inclusive experience for players, volunteers and sponsors. The role will shape the future of Rugby League in the Illawarra by providing positive leadership, strategic management and demonstrably living our Values. You will create sustainable Rugby League competitions for the community by building on over 100 years of history.
The role delivers:
- A strategic and annual business plan to the IDRL Board
- Growth in participation in Rugby League that reflects the Illawarra community
- An annual resourcing plan to ensure the competition is appropriately supported
- A plan to roll out the IDRL Values to our employees, volunteers and clubs
- Growing sponsorship to enable sustainability and growth of our competitions
- Goals, Measures and Targets that demonstrate progress of the strategy
- An engagement plan that includes players, volunteers, NSWRL and sponsors
- A coordinated media plan, including social media, that promotes participation in Rugby League and provides appropriate recognition of our generous local sponsors
You will be entrusted with over 100 years of history as well as the future of Rugby League in the Illawarra. You will have experience leading and influencing others to deliver results by superior collaboration skills that gets the job done with minimum fuss and maximum effect. You will have experience:
- Leading a team including setting out clear strategies and plans
- Influencing a range of stakeholders including volunteers, a governing body and sponsors
- Developing and managing both strategic and annual plans that you have presented to a governing Board
- Operational responsibility in a sporting or other environment
- Developing and implementing resourcing plans (money and people) that support the delivery of business plans
- Leading a Values based organisation including rolling out a Values program
- Developing and implementing a multi-channel media plan covering traditional and social media
- Managing and de-escalating conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Learning and applying regulations policy which, preferably, has been gained in a sporting environment
Experience and qualifications in Sports Administration would be well regarded but not essential.
Applications Close – September 27 2021