The Head of Rowing must be passionate about rowing and the development of rowing within RGS. The main functions of the role are to support and encourage the participation of rowing at RGS through leading staff and students in representing the School positively, to develop the skills of every member in an effort to reach excellence and provide members with opportunities to progress in the sport during and beyond RGS. The Head of Rowing is expected to oversee all aspects of the club including auxiliary staff such as coaches, maintenance, catering and fitness instructors. The Head of Rowing is responsible and accountable for the performance of the club and its members.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Head of Rowing duties may include, but are not limited to:
- coach entry level through to national level rowers;
- boat maintenance and rigging;
- boat succession planning
- oversee and implement training programmes;
- enhance programme to keep up with developments in the sport;
- oversee both land and water based training sessions;
- recruit, mentor and assist rowing coaches;
- engage with rowing stakeholders;
- perform all administrative tasks required for the smooth running of Regattas and Training Camps at home and away;
- other duties as the Director of Co-Curriculum may reasonably require from time to time.
In addition to the above, a Teacher is expected to (only applicable to candidates are registered Teachers):
- design and implement curriculum programmes that embrace School's Learning Framework;
- create a positive classroom environment that enhances student learning;
- establish and review students' learning goals/outcomes and modify curriculum programmes accordingly;
- continuously reflect on teaching practices and full participate in the School's Personal Learning Programme;
- build relationships and share teaching insights with colleagues in order to coordinate activities for students;
- communicate with parents about student learning;
- demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to professional development;
- contribute to the School and wider community through involvement in co-curricular activities;
- maintain accurate records and meet deadlines.