At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work with fun colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About Moira Recreational Facilities
The Moira Recreational Facilities consist of nine facilities in total, made up of three all-year-round and six seasonal sites, namely:
- Numurkah Outdoor Pool
- Yarrawonga Foreshore Kiosk & Splash Park
- Yarrawonga Outdoor Pool
- Cobram Outdoor Pool
- Nathalia Outdoor Pool
- Strathmerton Outdoor Pool
All seasonal sites are scheduled to open on the 1st December 2021, operating through until Monday 14th March 2022. The operating times and days vary slightly from site to site as well as during peak and ‘shoulder period’ times.
If you have transport and are prepared to travel, you are welcome to apply for roles at more than one site as working across multiple sites is a possibility.
About the role
As a Duty Manager you will have delegated authority of the Centre Manager, and will maintain a broad knowledge of centre programs and services whilst at the same time managing a range of centre functions whilst on shift which may include;
- Recognising pool water quality, plant room and cleanliness issues and acting accordingly
- Maintaining a focus on ‘Big Picture’ issues Centre wide
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of Centre’s Emergency Action Plan
- Working autonomously as well as being an active leader.
As a Duty Manager you will act as positive role model in an effort to build strong people, strong families and strong communities at the Moira Recreational Facilities, as well as identifying potential risk factors and taking steps to reduce those risks. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and all facility users.
- Aquatic Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR certificate
- Defibrillator Qualification (AED)
Other Desired Qualifications or Knowledge
- Aquatic Technical Operator Skill Set Certificate
- Knowledgeable and skilled in all aspects of plant and Branch operational aspects
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation is an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar facility in a supervisory role is desirable
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness