At the Y our vision is simple - Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 150 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work with fun colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About the role
As a Coordinator for Mount Alexander Swimming Pools, you will be responsible for coordinating, training and developing the Seasonal Outdoor Pool team. You will demonstrate leadership and being pro-active in all aspects of this role.
You will be someone that leads our Seasonal Aquatics team to best practice systems. This will involve developing seasonal training and meeting plan for all staff, delivering this training and continual review and feedback to staff in terms of their skills and the way they present themselves to our Customers. Responsibilities will include;
- Budget preparation and maintenance
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining all appropriate management data and systems
- Responsible for providing the staff team or teams feedback on the performance of the particular area in terms of numbers of people, financial performance, staff performance for the month as well as setting targets for the next month and year
- Responsible for appraisals, training and development of all staff
- Ensure the program and services plan, including events across facilities are delivered to a high level of service standard
- Ensure the facilities are maintained in clean, safe and operational condition including management and operation of pool plant and equipment.
You will an experienced leader with a background in aquatics. You will ideally need basic knowledge and experience of water chemistry and pool plant operations, as well as an understanding of the Guidelines for Safe Pool Operations. Aquatic Supervision will be a large focus of the role to ensure high levels of consistent supervision.
As a Coordinator you will be highly visible within the centre and also within the local community, forming strong relationships and partnerships that add value to the business operations and ensure services meet the needs of our customer and communities.
You will be available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings and weekends.
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR certificate
- Pool Lifeguard certificate
Other Desired Qualifications
- Relevant diploma/degree or approved equivalent SISSS00110 - Aquatic Technical Operator Skill Set
- Minimum of 12 months' leadership experience
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About Mount Alexander Shire Swimming Pools
?The Mount Alexander Shire Swimming Pools comprise of 4 outdoor locations throughout the local government area, including:
- Castlemaine Swimming Pool
- Harcourt Swimming Pool
- Maldon Swimming Pool
- Newstead & District Swimming Pool
These seasonal outdoor aquatic facilities form a key component for community recreation engagement throughout the December to March operating season. The facilities offer a range of programs and services such as recreational swimming, fitness programs, swimming lessons, community events and more.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y - online health and wellness