- Full time - Permenant Position - Highett, Melbourne
- Competitive salary on offer, Band 4, $66,763.91 per annum plus superannuation
- Flexible working options available
- Excellent employee benefits
- Career development opportunity
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
Kingston Actives- Waves Leisure Centre employees approximately 170 employees, with a team of 60 casual Learn to Swim Staff to deliver quality Learn to Swim programs for over 2700 students per week and programming for over 15 local schools and other community groups.
We are seeking enthusiastic individual to join the Kingston Active team as Aquatics Supervisor. Reporting to the Aquatics Coordinator, your role is to:
- Assist in the planning and coordination of our Learn to Swimming Programming, School Swimming Programming, Birthday party programming
- Recruitment and development of casual learn to swim staff and coordination of rostering of staff for aquatic programs
- Provide overall supervision of aquatic programming and staff
- Provide exceptional customer service to our members through understanding of needs, clear communication and with a Customer First approach
- Assist with the ongoing staff training and development
- Deliver water safety education programs within the Kingston Community
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of aquatic programs
Hours of work will require a weekend work day.
- You will have:
- Ability to demonstrate the City of Kingston’s values of Future Orientated, Accountable, Dynamic, Expert, Community and Celebration
- Expertise and demonstrated experience in aquatic programming coordination/supervision, rostering and staff development and management.
- Current Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Qualifications
- Current First aid and CPR qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in providing exceptional customer service
What we can offer
This is a Full -Time permenant position.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance. Full time employees also have access to a planned day off every four weeks.