At the Y our vision is simple - Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World
As the largest employer in fitness and recreation we have more than 5,000 staff at over 140 centres across Victoria. With us, you will work with fun colleagues who have a shared passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and transforming communities for the better.
About Mount Alexander Shire Swimming Pools
?The Mount Alexander Shire Swimming Pools comprise of 4 outdoor locations throughout the local government area, including:
- Castlemaine Swimming Pool
- Harcourt Swimming Pool
- Maldon Swimming Pool
- Newstead & District Swimming Pool
These seasonal outdoor aquatic facilities form a key component for community recreation engagement throughout the December to March operating season. The facilities offer a range of programs and services such as recreational swimming, fitness programs, swimming lessons, community events and more.
About the role
As a Lifeguard at the YMCA, you’ll help provide a safe swimming environment for all YMCA visitors. You’ll be patient, focused and friendly to keep pool-users informed and safe.
- Ability to supervise a large aquatic space while pro-actively ensuring a safe environment? in and around the pool area
- Maintain concentrated observation of pools and patrons to anticipate and respond to problems
- Ensure facility rules are being obeyed whilst at the same time educating facility users about safe aquatic practices.
- Carry out intervention and preventative action to ensure the safety and wellbeing of patrons, the facility and equipment
We are seeking motivated, organised and pro-active Lifeguards to come and join the team. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and all facility users. Other required qualities are:
- Ability to make decisions while under pressure
- Being able to manage conflicts with patrons and users
- Ability to stay alert and vigilant in a repetitive work environment
- Ability to multitask
- Providing excellent customer service for all members and guests
- Experience in the Aquatics and Leisure industry will be highly regarded
- Aquatic Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR certificate
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y - online health and wellness