It's an exciting time for tennis in Australia and we have ambitious plans to continue to grow the game from grassroots through to high performance. We are transforming how we deliver tennis, with the aim of making it more accessible, to more people, more often. To help us achieve our plan we are looking for a Regional Pathway Coordinator to join our team at Tennis NSW and contribute to the growth of tennis across Metro Sydney on a full time, fixed term (12 month) basis.
In this role, you will oversee the organisation and delivery of the Junior UTR Series, State UTR Series, Sydney Junior Team Tennis, Badge, Metro Sydney Zone Squads with data entry, tournament planning, and general administration in the metro Sydney zone playing pathway. You will be the point of contact Metro Sydney, championing and securing education and professional development opportunities that will benefit stakeholders in Metro Sydney. You will also collate all opportunities to assist the promotion of a clear tennis pathway in the Metro Sydney.
About the role
Reporting into the Tennis NSW Head of Tennis Operations, in this role you will:
- Play a lead role in the organisation, administration, budgeting, invoicing, and delivery of various tennis programs, as outlined by the position description.
- Manage and lead the annual calendar of events that provide training and education engaging our key stakeholders.
- Provide education to key stakeholders on the pathway with up to date changes and opportunities, Officiating Education, Player Education, Parent Education.
- Play a lead role with the Regional Administrators in the delivery and promotion of all Region/Zone Pathway Competitive Play Opportunities.
- Develop and provide on-going education for Volunteers and Officials through regular structured workshops and other formats using the current Tennis Australia and Tennis NSW resources and personnel.
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience in tennis event management
- Exceptional people management and customer service skills
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders and influence their decision making
- Effective development and implementation of plans to a timeframe
- Strong administration skills, budgeting, record keeping and report writing
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
What's in it for you?
- Career development with a range of formal education and on the job training opportunities
- Monthly health & wellbeing activities through our Serving Your Health program
- Flexible working practices & a range of discounts from our sponsorship partners
If you think you're up to the challenge, we'd love to hear from you! A copy of the position description can be found on our website. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close on Wednesday 22nd September at 11pm, however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, therefore this role may close sooner if we find the right candidate.
Tennis is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role.