Disclaimer - applicants with relevant tennis knowledge/experience need only apply. Inclusion of a separate Cover Letter summarising your experience & skill set is critical if you wish to be considered for this role.
Pure Tennis Ferny Hills is looking for an experienced, skilled & highly organised person to provide Pure Tennis customers with a great experience when they participate in competitions at our club. You will achieve this through engaging our customer base with dynamic and well organised competitions that enhances their tennis experience at Pure Tennis Ferny Hills.
Pure Tennis Ferny Hills is a much-loved tennis facility in the Ferny Hills and surrounding areas. It is popular because it does not offer just tennis lessons or court hire, but instead Pure Tennis prides itself on providing customers with a real club environment where children, mum, dad, gran & pa are catered for in some way or another & are made to feel welcome and part of the club. This role is critical in maintaining and providing that sense of belonging for our customers by finding reasons to bring people together and provide a positive environment for our families to enjoy.
The position is part time and requires you to work approx. *20hrs/wk in the afternoons/evenings Mon - Thurs & Saturday. Potential to build this into a full time position is possible should your experience and skill set match the business requirements.
*N.B Hours do change over the school holiday period.
Your reporting line is to the Pro Shop Manager.
3 Key responsibilities of the role are:
1 - Manage existing teams registered in our local Super League competition. You will communicate regularly with our players & provide feedback and support as required. You will liaise with Tennis Brisbane on behalf of Pure Tennis and our players. You will prepare and attend grading meetings at the start of each season, monitor and ensure score cards are submitted and recorded correctly & communicate effectively with teams/parents to ensure a healthy competition is delivered. You will supervise players in line with Tennis Brisbane & Pure Tennis expectations.
2 - Organise and deliver our internal Fixtures Program. We have an enthusiastic group of juniors participating in internal competitions throughout the week. Your job is to provide an environment for our players that promotes a culture of fair play, good sportsmanship & etiquette. You are passionate about fostering self confidence in people & get results from setting clear guidelines and are consistent with delivering to a standard.
3 - Promote and Market our competitions. You will be pro-active in retaining our current playing group as well as responsible for identifying & approaching new players. You will maintain a social media presence & market competition programs both internally & externally. Your goal is to fill the courts with players/teams & maintain a healthy list of fill in players to call on when needed.
Key Attributes required for this Role:
- Motivator - You love finding the best in everyone and letting them know about it!
- Team Player – You are intrinsically motivated & passionate about contributing to the business.
- High standards – You deliver a high quality product each and every time.
- Problem Solver – You are good at trouble shooting & enjoy coming up with solutions to problems.
- Organiser – You are always prepared & plan for the worst.
- Communicator – You are a people person! You enjoy talking to people and engaging with them. You understand the importance of communication and have a great phone manner.
- Responsible – You take pride in what you do and take ownership of both good & bad experiences.
Skills/Experience required for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications in Sport or Event management or similar is desirable. (hospitality, tourism etc)
- Experience participating in or coordinating tennis competitions.
- 10+ yrs experience in customer service
- Good knowledge of Tennis (ideally you understand the local & state tennis opportunities currently available or know how to find them out)
- Good computer skills and can quickly and easily learn new software applications.
- Current Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to acquire this if successful)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or ability to acquire this if successful)
- Own Car