- Great career opportunity to work in an Olympic & Paralympic Sport
- Energetic, innovative and collaborative environment
- Ideally Canberra based
Rowing Australia (RA) is an organisation that nurtures and develops talent, giving opportunities to those who are in search of excellence. Like the rowers we support to be the best in the world - we are always seeking to be the best we can be. We are here to protect, grow and innovate rowing so it continues to engage with all types of athletes, schools, coaches and supporters.
RA is the national governing body for the sport and is responsible for the performance of the Australian Rowing Team. The Australian Rowing Team are high performing on the global stage, having won the World Cup Series in 2019, which was the last time that all nations were able to compete against each other internationally.
Rowing is a sport for life, accessible to people of all ages, genders, fitness and skill levels, and currently enjoyed by over 60,000 participants and 25,000 active members ranging from young rowers at school through to those at universities and in the wider community right through to masters rowing. As well as across different rowing disciplines, including coastal and indoor rowing. RA member associations operate in seven states with over 420 schools and clubs offering rowing programs.
To find out more about Rowing Australia, visit their website - rowingaustralia.com.au
The role will work in partnership with the Chief Commercial Officer and the rest of the marketing team in developing and executing innovative and creative marketing activities across digital platforms. This busy, hands on role will drive awareness of the Australian Rowing Team, across Australia over multiple platforms. This also includes coverage of international events throughout the rowing calendar for the senior and pathway teams.
You are a skilled communicator with experience in the use of multiple platforms for maximum exposure. You can build rapport with people easily and thrive on dynamic, fast paced environments. A key focus of this role is the planning, development and managing Rowing Australia’s annual communications plan across the website, EDMs and social media platforms, as well as opportunities for third party promotion. Ensuring the right messages are delivered to the right stakeholders at the right time.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications or similar
- A minimum of five years-experience in a media or communications role, preferably in performance sport
- Knowledge of the Australian media landscape, both state and nationally and understand how to deliver media announcements and press conferences
- High-level planning, organisation and delivery of internal and external communications
- Experienced in the use of multiple platforms for maximum exposure
- Dynamic - loves to multitask, be agile and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, often under deadline pressure.