The Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing the operational requirements of the business. This role will coordinate executive level meetings for Paddle Australia, including secretarial duties for meetings of the Paddle Australia Board of Directors, PA Board Committees and other key meeting. As the first point of contact for all Paddle Australia members and key stakeholders, this position will provide general administrative support to senior management, act as a liaison with the State Paddle Associations, assist in the management of Paddle Australia memberships and the Paddle Education platform, and work on other projects as required.
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, while also providing secretarial support to the Board of Paddle Australia.
No other staff report directly to this position.
KEY STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS
This position will work closely with the following positions:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Special Projects Manager
- Digital Services and ICT Coordinator
- State Paddle Associations
- Participation and Education Manager
- Sport Services and Events Coordinator
- Providing general administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, including but not limited to organising meetings and associated logistics, answering general enquires, minute taking, preparation of the Board papers, and providing general administrative assistance to all staff.
- Providing support from time to time to Chief Operating Officer, Special Projects Manager, Participation and Education Manager, and Digital Services and ICT Coordinator.
- Providing proactive, efficient and informed membership services nationally to registered members and stakeholders, including assisting individual members and Member Clubs to work within the online membership system, assisting the administration of the Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme, managing the administration of the coaching and officiating qualifications.
- Working with the Digital Services and ICT Coordinator, and the Sport Services and Events Coordinator, to ensure that website content is up to date.
- Working with the Paddle Australia’s retained marketing agency as required on posting content across channels including on social media.
- General Office Management of Paddle Australia’s office location, including managing office/stationary supplies,and assisting staff at the High-Performance locations to ensure the smooth running of each site.
- Coordinating all domestic travel requirements for staff, Committees and Paddle Australia Board members.
- Partner with and work effectively and collaborative across PA to achieve organisational goals, targets and objectives.
- Provide regular updates to the Chief Executive Officer on progress and/or issues, as required.
- Proactively plan, manage, coordinate, track and run assigned tasks.
- Attend and participate in meetings and events as required.
- Uphold and foster a culture of high performance, excellence and continuous improvement within PA.
- Conduct thorough checking of work by others and self-checking of information and documentation.
- Ensuring documentation kept up to date and in good order.
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as delegated by senior management.
- Perform general office duties as required.
- Adopt continuous learning and improvement processes in all aspects of the position.
- Implement, participate and promote PA national program initiatives, protocols, values, policies, processes and procedures.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ROLE:
Many of the stakeholders with which this position will be working are volunteers with work or family responsibilities during standard work hours. Accordingly, this position will require some after-hours work.
Flexible working hours will be considered:
Paddle Australia’s office team currently works a mixture of 'in office' and 'working from home’.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two years in an administrative role or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in secretarial skills such as minute taking of meetings.
- High standard of proficiency in use of Microsoft and Google products
- Experience working in sporting organisations preferred
- Experience working with volunteers preferred
- Experience in administration of websites and in use of products such as SurveyMonkey and MailChimp preferred
- Aptitude & Interpersonal Skills
- Passion for excellence with a strong desire to excel and willingness to establish and strive for stretch goals.
- A willingness to learn, adapt and bring new ideas with the goal of continuing to improve.
- Strong professional communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of and ability to work in accordance with the PA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy.
- Ability to understand, respond to the requirements and be empathic to elite athletes and coaches.
- Ability to lead, drive and manage change through influence rather than authority.
- Proactive, self-motivated and has a passion to achieve excellence.
- Ability to influence and motivate people at all levels of the organisation.
- Capacity to establish the trust and respect of the internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong ability to transfer information, skills and knowledge to other staff members and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work well both within a team environment and autonomously.
- Strong organisational, planning, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills to achieve deadlines.
- Show initiative when undertaking tasks.
- Strong task management and coordination skills.
- Committed towards undertaking duties efficiently with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management.
- Professional personal presentation suitable for the position.
- Strong skills in forward planning, analytical and strategic thinking.
- Strong judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to promote, interpret, communicate and work in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organisation.
Tertiary qualifications in Sports Management, Business Administration or equivalent are desirable.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs):
- Assist in the delivery of the objectives of the Strategic Plan for Paddling in Australia.
- Stakeholder (both internal and external) service and satisfaction.
- Accuracy and upkeep of information, documentation and advice given and reported.
- Following of instructions and completion of tasks in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Satisfactory achievement of ongoing targets, goals and objectives as set by the Chief Executive Officer and PA.